PDA

View Full Version : Already slowing down

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

slack32
Wed, Mar-05-03, 09:09
I'm into my third week of Atkins now. I am sticking with induction for a while because I have a lot to lose. My Ketosticks are dark pink to purple, and I'm following the plan to the letter. BUT, I've already slowed down my weight loss. This week I've only dropped .5 of a lb. I have not seen the scale budge for a couple of days. I know that the beginning loss is faster than the rest, but does it happen so soon? I'll just keep on plugging away here and see what happens.

LST

lkonzelman
Wed, Mar-05-03, 09:16
Realistic weightloss expectations...

Average loss is 10% of the amount you wish to loss during induction and then 5% of the remaining weight to lose each month after.

This isn't a quick weightloss plan.

This is a healthy way to eat till satisifed and eventually get to your goal body.

Yank_in_NC
Wed, Mar-05-03, 09:22
I wish I could lose 5% per month. I'd be thrilled!!!! I'm losing at a snails pace. After not losing anything at all for over 2 months, the scale finally dropped 2 pounds. Now? Nothing! Weeks later! Here we go again! Can Atkins be the wrong plan for me? Is 1 pound/month right? I'm very seriously considering a low fat plan. This is just not working they way I thought it would although I love the plan. I honestly can't imagine any other plan being slower for me. I exercise at the gym 4-5 times/ week as well.

Has anyone ever switched from low carb to low fat? What are the drawbacks? if any?

Kim

lkonzelman
Wed, Mar-05-03, 09:26
Yank -
Yes you have 24lbs more to go... so 5% a month is a pound.

If you are working out you are gaining muscle and that weighs more then fat so you are probably looking better.

The questions you need to ask yourself about this would be:

How do I feel?
Am I satisified with the foods I can eat now?
Do my clothes fit better?

If those questions prove to you that this isn't for you of course you need to do what suits you best.

And you will gain some initial weight in the transistion I believe. Carbs make you retain some water.

All the best to you.

Yank_in_NC
Wed, Mar-05-03, 09:35
Why do you always make so much sense??? Everytime you reply to one of my posts you make me rethink things. As confusing as this probably sounds, it is in fact a compliment.

I do feel good on this plan. I'm satisfied with what I can eat. My clothes are fitting somewhat better. I only wish I had tried on a pair of pants that didn't fit me before I began this journey so I'd have a "real" comparison. I'm still wearing the same clothes, however; they aren't painted on anymore. There's breathing room now.

I guess I'm just overly anxious. I was really hoping to be able to wear a bathing suit this summer and not be embarrassed by my thunder thighs. Thighs have ALWAYS been a huge problem for me. (no pun intended)

Kim

lkonzelman
Wed, Mar-05-03, 09:37
Wow Kim that is an amazing compliment. :blush: I swear you all keep me so motivated too!

You are working hard toward your goal and I know you are going to look AWESOME in a bathing suit this year.

Let's hope Slack reads this post and feels the same.

slack32
Wed, Mar-05-03, 12:26
Yep! I'm reading! I am all for a slower weight loss- I think I'll be more likely to keep it off that way. I just did not expect it to slow so suddenly.
-LST :angel:

lkonzelman
Wed, Mar-05-03, 12:33
Trust me... picture dieting (low fat/low calorie and always hungry) for 10 years and just maintaining...

Ruralgurl
Wed, Mar-05-03, 12:55
I just posted on this subject so I am going to give the link :

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31603

I'm with lkonzelman she knows what she's talking about.
Slack32, are you sure you are drinking enough water!!!