PDA

View Full Version : Savvy Group-no weight to lose but health to retain

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

newdawn
Tue, Mar-04-03, 20:57
Hi, I'm new. I'm impressed by the amount of sound knowledge of low-carb nutrition in many of the posts I've read.
I inadvertantly began reading Atkins Age-Defying Book last year and was astounded by the logic of low carbing for health reasons. I'm in the process of rereading it 4 times now and feel like it will change my life in respect to aging. Dr. Atkins' discussion of diet and the rationale of supplements is totally compelling.
I must say, it's terribly frustrating to defend such an undeniably healthy premise. I see people I love, not understanding the rationale of extending a healthy existence...it's almost a curse... feeling like the answer to health is so simple but most just don't get it. It's calming to come to this site and to see intelligent discussions on the subject of harmful effects of insulin and sugar.

deb_o
Wed, Mar-05-03, 07:34
Good for you! You're absolutely right, this is a great place. Welcome! :wave: