PDA

View Full Version : WHAT?? 12 CARBS A day NOT LOSING???

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

apena
Tue, Mar-04-03, 15:22
I have read, and read...all the forum's - you all have answered -
but the frustration of only cream cheese, mayo, bacon, etc and not losing it TOOW much!

Yep, I am on medications that make me resistant to metabolic changes.....I am in the book under metabolic resitant.

I tried the drastic approach - cut those carbs, do a fat fast.....

Nothing..............my ketone stickie thingie's are as clear as a beautiful summer day! :confused:

What? How can that be you might ask? :daze:

I exercise, weight lift, cardio, I don't drink coffee/ or drink diet soda either. I believe that my family is thinking I have gone nuts buying seltzer water and macadamemia nuts. :daze:

What, what else can I do??? I have been on induction now for 2+ weeks, lost intially 4 lbs. and not lost since.

:roll:

Oh yes, because of severe high blood pressure, I am on Lasix - also I am hyperthyroid due to medication because of Thyroid CA.

Is there anything I can do to help myself?? Or do I give up..... :confused:

Thanks so much for ANY replies........

Best regards,
Andi

lkonzelman
Tue, Mar-04-03, 15:25
Four lbs is great!

Average weightloss is 10% during induction and 5% each month after that.

You want to lose 22lbs so that is 2.2 lbs expected loss during induction.

This isn't a fast weightloss program - this is a way of life to lose slowly and healthy and to be able to eat in a satisfying way for your life.

Please feel good about the changes you have made in your body so far.

FYI- 20 carbs is important to stay at and you are supposed to be eating 2-3 cups of veggies daily to get these carbs!

LadyBug555
Tue, Mar-04-03, 15:36
It IS frustrating to see how fast some folks lose, isn't it? I hear ya. I finally just stopped weighing, haven't weighed in over a month.........

eva123
Tue, Mar-04-03, 16:41
...and I think I will do just that!!!
stop weighing

I have adopted this WOL in January and weighed every day since then. I think after induction, really, you should try and weigh periodically instead of daily....
yes yes. I have to practice what I am (trying) to preach...

Paleoanth
Tue, Mar-04-03, 17:42
Your weight loss so far is fine. Throw away the ketostix. With all that exercising, you are probably using up all the ketones in your body anyway.

I am also hypothroid and while my loss is not fast-it is there. It is a lot faster than doing anything else I have tried.

Don't hurt yourself in a speed race to lose weight. This is a long term commitment. Make sure you eat those 20 carbs and get your veggies. I like young raw spinach salads myself. Be patient with yourself and your body. It will happen.

nikkil
Wed, Mar-05-03, 05:32
Did you have the nuts on induction? Not supposed to. Maybe cut out the nuts completely and get more veggies. Enter your info on Fitday and see what it says about total cals/fat/protein/carb counts. I've found it really helpful. Also, are you getting all your water?

Good luck to you!
N.

apena
Wed, Mar-05-03, 13:20
Hi all!

I was using the induction plan completely, but read the part about being metabolic resistant. In those pages, Dr. Atkins uses a "fat fast" to put your body into a kick start by eating just cream cheese, macadameia nuts, sour cream, etc for x2 days. (You eat 200 calorie meals x5 times a day.)

I, (thinking that I am resistant) followed that for a that time period, and haven't lost a thing.
:(

Water weight is a significant problem because I am on a large dosage of diuretic.

I listened and processed what all you very kind people said, and will continue just to "hang in there" regarding the induction... :daze:

I do believe that this diet works, I just have to keep at it, just as you all suggested....

Boy, I could write a book on this subject. :wave:

Thanks and have a bacon for me!!
Andi

apena
Wed, Mar-05-03, 13:23
I forgot this, when do you stop showing your signature as a "New Member"?

Just curious...have been hanging around this area for well over a year now...........

Guess I need to post more....... :doah:

nikkil
Mon, Mar-10-03, 02:11
Yep, you need to post more. It's based on number of posts, not how long you've been coming here. I've only been here about 21/2 months, but can't seem to keep my big mouth shut on this forum and am a senior member already. Click on your egg cup and it will tell you more about these icons and how they work.

N.

ps--keep at it. Also, isn't there something in DANDR about the diurectics?? Don't know about them, but maybe there's something going on with those?? Good luck to you!! :)

freydis
Tue, Mar-11-03, 15:20
Vitamin B-6, 500-1500 mg/day, according to Dr. Atkins Nutrition Breakthroughs, will rid most people of most water retention - especially when nothing else seems to be working. I upped my B6 from 50 mg/day to 200mg/day and have seen miraculous results. Some days, if the retention is really bad, I have to take 50 or 100 mg more, but I'm still well under Dr. Atkins' STARTING dosage.