PDA

View Full Version : Low Carb, Low Protein and High Fat???

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LisaJJ
Tue, Mar-04-03, 14:50
Hi Again hee hee :rolleyes:

I have been reading a lot about eating low carbs, low protein and high fat for maximum weight lose. I am unsure which foods to eat to achieve this state.

Can anyone give me a sneaky peak into what I might eat in a day so I can have a few days on the maximum fat burning phase.

This is following my awful day today...i.e eating over 250 Carbs....OOPS

Thanks

Lisa :wave:

mrschmelz
Tue, Mar-04-03, 18:47
If you chose the Atkins plan, here was a typical induction day for me...

Breakfast- 3 Eggs, 3 slices of bacon

Lunch- Salad with chicken breast

Dinner- Steak, Small salad, and brocolli with cheese

If you don't go too heavy on the cheese and dressing that puts you right at the 20 carb level recomended for induction.

TeriDoodle
Tue, Mar-04-03, 21:09
What you want to shoot for is low carbs, high fat and ADEQUATE protein... do you know how to calculate your protein requirements?

Magicslr
Wed, Mar-05-03, 21:50
TeriDoodle,

Please share how to calculate the protein requirements. By watching my fitday, some days I go over 100 g of protein, others much lower.

I checked my Atkins book, but found no reference on how much protein is good per day.

On one of the threads, I read too much protein can cause a stall, which I am in big time.

TIA,
Magic

TeriDoodle
Thu, Mar-06-03, 06:22
Here's a good thread (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=773305&highlight=calculate+AND+protein+requirements#post773305) about protein intake, with a post by Karen from the Protein Power book on how to calculate your individual requirements. It requires that you know your lean body mass which can be calculated here (http://www.zoneperfect.com/Site/content/Calculator_Women.asp) .

Hope that helps!