PDA

View Full Version : Asparagus with Browned Butter and Poached Eggs

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tchapman
Tue, Mar-04-03, 13:02
Auto generated link to page (Please do not remove): http://www.lowcarb.ca/karen/recipe038.html

Hi Karen: I love to cook and I thought your asparagus recipie was maybe for the entire dish 15-20 grams of Carbs. What did I miss in the ingredients that push the G's up to the 40s?

Tony Chapman

Week 3 lost only 6 lbs.

Karen
Wed, Mar-05-03, 03:09
Hello Tony!

This is the count at the end of the recipe:

Total Carbohydrates: 45.72
Total Carbohydrates Minus Fiber: 26.59
Carbohydrates per Serving: 11.43
Carbohydrates per Serving minus Fiber : 6.64

So, the effective carbs per serving - carbs minus fiber - is 6.64 per serving.

Try it! You'll like it! :)

Karen

tchapman
Wed, Mar-05-03, 10:22
Thanks so much for the reply. I will try it soon.

For some reason the first 2 weeks of induction seemed easier for me. I think the LC does something wonderful to the neurotransmitters - improved my pre-existing excellent sense of well-being. The first 2 weeks was so UP for me. I'm staying on the 20g induction phase. My 6 pounds loss duing the first 2 weeks did not seem right but it is more than 15% of my goal.

Regards,
Tony

Karen
Thu, Mar-06-03, 02:14
The first 2 weeks was so UP for me.

Same for me! And, it will continue for you. :D

I gotta say though that you will do yourself no harm by increasing your carbs. Don't be afraid! It's a great process to learn about and listen to your body.

Karen

tchapman
Tue, Mar-18-03, 15:54
I'll go with the increase of 5 grams as sugessted by the good Doctor in his book.

A local bread company (Flower's Baking in Thomasville) sells a new LC bread at a coventional market. Each bread slice is said to have 7 g's. I am not going to try it. It will probably trigger a carb crave.

Thanks for your guidance and insight.