PDA

View Full Version : New to Site, Veteran of the Diet *wars*

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

softmoon
Mon, Mar-03-03, 13:25
Hi All...*stumbled* across the site...lurked(almost all day and night for the past three days reading everything!!!)...and fell in love...*LOL*...a bit of history about me...overweight/obese whole life...have tried everything atkins, low fat...(the only thing I havent done was jaw wiring and that was because i could not find a dentist to do it...*grins*...true story)...including gastric bypass, was reading the thread on that subject and have to say that has been the only postings that i have seen where I felt VERY disappointed in the remarks that were stated, needless to say I dont consider anyone including myself who has had the surgery "sad and pathetic" NOR do I consider it a form of "cheating"..I do welcome questions though about my experience ( I had to have it reversed)...but....ackkk.....moving on.. really I am trying to keep this short...*yeah right*...*LOL*...highest weight 287 and have literally lost and regained the same 100 lbs 4 times...through surgery...starvation...etc etc etc....my lowest weight was 150lbs( was a size 6/8) so of course had to go through this hating myself period for regaining more etc etc...it took me about three months literally to decide what route i was going to go...and had found in the past the most satisfied eating/mentally/emotionally was when I was on Atkins...and I do believe the key is making it a WOL...i have already had great success about 45 to 50 lbs since i started...partly due to health issues that are occurring at this time as well but i cant blame the weight gain or loss totally on that!!...I hope to contribute quite a bit and LEARN as well...due to my health...(massive buildup of adhesions in the bowel, abdominal area) I am homebound, and this site I can see is going to be great strength, fun, debate and support also I hope to post some before and afters pics as well...ACKKK...i see glazed eyes and hiding yawns behind the hands....*LOL*...thanks for reading and looking forward to talking to you all again real soon....

Iowagirl
Tue, Mar-04-03, 12:40
Welcome! How long have you been doing Atkins this time? Have you checked out the recipes on this site? Deep dish pizza quiche is a must!
Good luck to you!

softmoon
Tue, Mar-04-03, 13:00
*yeehawwwww*...my first reply!!!....*LOL*....my start date this time was 1/30/03....and I dont know if it is the combo of everything going on in my life but this time has been actually fun, going by fast (which my mom reminded me means I am getting older.... :D )....and well....fun...thank you about the recipe am defintely going to check it out....is my TOM and this one is a wiping me out and was what I was craving....on a quick serious note though...I do think the main reason this time around is that there is just SO many recipes, ingredients, products that werent available even 3/4 years ago that i truly think my body is lovin it...I am currently still in induction...still lovin the purple...so am going to stay here awhile...occasionally i will have a few extra grams depending on what I am feeling and such....THANK YOU again for replying :roll: :daze: :wave: :thup:

ponygirl
Tue, Mar-04-03, 13:51
BIG HUGS for Softmoon. Wishing you well and better health. You can do it!! :thup: