PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Here - Hello All

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

RonOKC
Mon, Mar-03-03, 08:13
Hello Everyone,
Having learned, my mother was minor diabetic that was a caution flag for me to make a change in health-style. I counted the cost through the month of December 02 and started the Atkins approach beginning January 03. I haven't participated in the journal but have followed the Induction plan about 98%, with a success rate at 217/201/170. I have concentrated on learning what is best for me, and rejected the disappointments of slipping up from time to time. I chose a life style change, success will follow. I no longer am tempted with a "honeybun"or other sugar loaded snacks that I once depended on to get me through, tense moment. I use to get the hungry shakes, now when I get hungry I know it, but I feed myself as soon as I can without becoming disfunctional, for that I am thankful. I live in Central Oklahoma, simple middle class, married to a wonderful person named Peggy with whom I share the Atkins lifestyle. Enough for now. :wave:

nikkil
Mon, Mar-03-03, 08:38
Glad to have you, Ronokc. Welcome!!

You have a great attitude--it is a lifestyle change! You may have detours, but if you learn from them, that's what's important.

Hope to hear more from you (and your wife?) soon. :)

N.

m1whowaits
Mon, Mar-03-03, 08:47
I'm new too. I've posted a few before I came in here. I have been fortunate to not have a real weight problem most of my life like most of the people here. My mother did (hit 300 at 5'3" at her worst, she's better now) and I totally understand. I have been at the a little past the top end of my BMI, 30 lb. past where I should be (during the LF, pasta craze of the 80's!) and was miserable, so I couldn't imagine having to lose 100lb or more!! I've only a few more lbs to go so that's not my main battle... I'm here for health and am so glad that's a big topic here and not just weight loss. My problems, I've come to learn, are grains and sugar. So LC is the WOL for me!! I have more good days than bad. But I'm fighting Candida now and the die offs are pretty ugly some days. The dark before the dawn!!! I wish you luck on your journey and "Hello!! to everyone!! :wave: "

Liz in Virginia Beach