PDA

View Full Version : New Here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

toloselbs
Sun, Mar-02-03, 12:21
I am new to this site. Have been low-carbing since Feb 14th and don't know how much I have lost all total since I didn't weigh in right away...I am walking everyday (30 min for now) and so far so good. :daze:

dcbrowne
Sun, Mar-02-03, 12:31
I am new here too. I have been looking all around the web for a place like this. Look into people's journals and some of the "specialty forums. You will find what you are looking for!

Donna:rheart:

Iowagirl
Mon, Mar-03-03, 10:49
Welcome! Keep up the good work and the walking!

dessertmom
Wed, Mar-05-03, 13:58
hi new people

I am new too,have been low carbing since 17 Feb 03. Lost 12 pounds so far. Will weigh on Sunday.Is there a thread where people post weight?I also stopped smoking 01/01 this year. What do you find difficult so far? :rolleyes: I just feel I eat to much to be on a diet.

dessertmom

lauriebee
Wed, Mar-05-03, 17:07
hey yall!!! Greetings from dyersburg, tennessee :wave: My name is Laurie and I have been on atkins since feb. 19,03 and i absolutely love it. After having a baby I have tried to lose the weight with no luck until I tried Atkins now hear I am almost 20lbs lighter. I started at 198 and I am now at 179. My goal weight is 145. My husband and I are both doing it so it makes it so much easier to survive. We eat the same things. I cook he eats. Our favorite no carb snack is sugar free jell-o, and Pure De-Light no sugar low carb bars. The chocolate with almonds are so delicious and made out of pure belgian chocolate and splenda. If you gave me 2 candy bars and one was made with sugar and the other with splenda I couldn't tell the difference plus they only have 3 carbs per bar. I also love the carb solutions shakes..not the bars they are so gross..yuck. I usually have one a day whether it be at breakfast or lunch. My favorite food is pork chops cooked with olive oil and then smothered in cheddar cheese and a slice of tomato. I also love steak ceasar salad with blue cheese ranch dressing. Our favorite breakfast would be a southwest chicken omlet with chicken breast shredded and placed in omlet with cheese mushrooms and then drizzled with ranch dressing. It is good trust me!!!!! I'm a 24 year old female and I have lots to say so if you wanna befriend me...send me an email or reply and we'll do this together!!!!!!

AmberAA1
Wed, Mar-05-03, 19:57
Hi toloselbs, Good going on the weight loss thus far. You are doing fantastic!!! The excercise is great for you and seems to be agreeing with you. Just a suggestion if your not gonna weigh you should at least do measurements. Alot of people don't weigh they go by the old fashion pant-o-meter but at least you can keep track in one way or another. I'm on CAD myself and love this WOE, right now I am doing a 2 week fat flush. Next thing if you don't mind me suggesting is start a journal. That way you can list you food, list all your accomplishments and sound off when things are just not going right. I did it for the simple fact that if I stalled I could more easily pinpoint when and what it was. Again, keep up the good work and good luck on your LC journey.

LindaC6724
Fri, Mar-07-03, 10:44
Welcome to this journey with the other lowcarbers here. We welcome you with open arms. The more the merrier.

You sound like you are doing a Excellent Job and want to commend you and hope that you keep hanging in there. It is slow, but it will come.

As you can see, there is a vast amount of information here, too much to absorb at once, but everyday you come back you learn something news.

Everyone here is so friendly and our moderator is a GOD SEND! :rheart: :bhug:

Have a great lowcarb day and remember ... take it one meal at a time and if you don't have one, get you a Carbohydrate Counter from your bookstore... so when in doubt, check it out first!