PDA

View Full Version : Whey protein powder?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

goddess
Sat, Mar-01-03, 05:23
Is the whey protein isolate readily available in Australia? I've only seen it in a protein drink powder called Protein Plus. Other drink powders I've come across have soy protein.
Any info would be appreciated,
g.

Rosebud
Wed, Mar-05-03, 19:13
Hi Goddess,

While I haven't bought any myself, I've seen posts where other members from Oz have used it.

Have you checked health food shops? I have found the soy (urk!) protein powder in the "health" section of the supermarket so it may even be worth checking there.

Forgive me if you've already done this! :rolleyes: Maybe it will be a question of looking in several different shops. Guess this would be a good time to "let your fingers do the walking" and use the phone.

HTH

Roz

ozgal
Wed, May-21-03, 00:44
Hi Goddess,

The best one I've used is called Balance 100% Pure Ion Exchange Whey (ultra filtered isolate).

Mine is a 750g tub and it has very low fat and carb count.

100g = protein 95g
Carb = 0.5g
Fat = 0.5g

I think these are great figures as some of these products have 3g per 100g or more.

I got mine from Prahran Health Foods in Commercial Road Prahran just near the intersection of Commercial Road and Chapel Street. It cost $38.20.

Hope this helps. :p

NiSSaNKiNG
Thu, Jun-05-03, 19:50
Hi Goddess,

I use RedBack brand Whey Protein Isolate. 750grams is about $50 from Healthfood shops. It comes in a variety of flavours (Wicked Choc, Vanilla Ice, Tropical Bite, etc) ...I have it with water.

Per serving (30g) ur looking at:
Carbs: 0.3g Fat: 0.6g
Protein: 28.2g Energy: 495kj (118 cal)

It also contains 8 essential Amino Acids as well as 13 Non Essentials and 23 Vitamins/Minerals.

I beilieve there's a smilar product targetted solely for women, known as "LadyBird" ...unsure if it's the same brand/company or not.
Hope this has been a help to you :)