PDA

View Full Version : Saucy

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

itsallgood
Fri, Feb-28-03, 12:59
I am still on induction, today marks week two. I just finished my tom and have lost a total of about 14 lbs so far. Almost all of it in the first week. I feel phenominal about that first week, what a rush that was. Anyway, I have the list of acceptable induction foods on the fridge but am wondering why it doesn't include cheese sauces or say tartar sauce. I cooked crab cakes for dinner last night and put out a little bit of tartar sauce since the label said 0 carbs. I felt like I was cheating and had less then a measured teaspoon. But the thing is I have been trying out soooo many new recipes on my family lately during this induction.. and some turn out good and everyone likes them and some turn out not to our liking.. so people get either unhappy or they go hungry. I guess I am just complaining aren't I?

Can I offer sauces on induction, in moderation as long as they say 0 carbs or I make them and know there are minimal carbs?

itsallgood
Fri, Feb-28-03, 13:09
It would be helpful if there were a forum where ONLY induction recipes would be found. I do the searches and find stuff that sounds great, like the crab cakes. But they took pork rind powder to make them and that's not on the list either. I don't think it's on fitday either. Thanks!

Kim

itsallgood
Fri, Feb-28-03, 13:49
Franks Hot Wings sauce to make hot wings the other day. And I made some tacos by substituting romaine lettuce for the tortilla, which were deliscious and loved by EVERYONE.. but I put taco sauce on the table. Both sauces had zero carbs (per serving) and I use them in them in moderation. I even added melted butter to the hot wings sauce to "thin" it out some. I deep fryed them. MMM

Karen
Fri, Feb-28-03, 14:47
Anyway, I have the list of acceptable induction foods on the fridge but am wondering why it doesn't include cheese sauces or say tartar sauce. I cooked crab cakes for dinner last night and put out a little bit of tartar sauce since the label said 0 carbs.

The induction list is of whole foods. You can take combinations of whole foods and make other things from them. Cheese sauce would be cream and cheese, both acceptable foods. Tartar sauce would be eggs, oil, pickles and whatever else the manufacturer or you put in it. All acceptable.

Be aware that nothing has 0 carbs except for muscle protein and fat. The tartar sauce was low in carbs per serving, but it does not contain 0.
But they took pork rind powder to make them and that's not on the list either.
No, but pork is and that's what pork rinds are. Pork.

Karen