PDA

View Full Version : 12 lbs down and feeling great!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

obrieny2k
Fri, Feb-28-03, 10:41
Hello, I'm new to Atkin's and this forum. In the middle of my 5th week and can't believe how good I feel. My husband is also on Atkin's with positive results too. I want to scream to the world..."STOP KILLING YOURSELF WITH ALL THAT JUNK FOOD!" but I manage to control myself. It also is great having my partner as my co-pilot on this change of life-style. As soon as I get the hang of this forum thing I have a few queries I'd like to ask about, but until then....Hello and I'm happy to be part of this 'revolution' with all of you.. BFN..

Dru

lkonzelman
Fri, Feb-28-03, 10:44
Hi and welcome Dru-

So glad you are having a good experience. I choose this as my way of life too because I feel great and get to eat satisfyingly - FINALLY!

Anyway, think about staying a while and starting a journal. Helps you be accountable for your food and such and gives us a chance to get to know you better and offer some wanted (or unwanted) advice now and again.

All teh best to you.

Kathy54
Fri, Feb-28-03, 10:54
Hello, and welcome, yes is'nt it a great feeling :q:

For me it's my first diet I've every followed, and boy did I hit the jackpot :thup:

Yes it must be nice to have your partner on board as well.
Mine could put some weight on, LOL, so I'm solo :daze:

Good luck, Kathy :wave:

obrieny2k
Fri, Feb-28-03, 11:33
Lisa, WOW, you've got a lot of time put in this 'way of life'. I can't weight (hee hee) to break the 200lb mark. This is my first goal. My husband and I are planning a 'carb-fest' on this coming Sunday, but only if we loose. Our weigh in is Sunday afternoons. We know this will effect our ketosis, but we still have the desire for 'sugar'! I hear this craving should go away, but when? Kathy, how long have you been going at it? Still have sugar cravings? It's crazy, eh...to know that if you eat that 'bad stuff' you'll feel bloated, tired, etc... but something pulls you (us) to it, maybe it's issues from childhood, lol... I dream of a large, cold glass of milk with either oreo cookies or choc. cake.... I think I better go have a cheese stick.:lol:...Thanks again guys..

obrieny2k
Fri, Feb-28-03, 11:36
What is the little surfer person under the member stats? The one with the green bars? Some type of progress graph? Tah Tah :cool:

lkonzelman
Fri, Feb-28-03, 11:54
That is the percentage of weight you have lost and uses your goal as the 100%. This is from the stats that you listed in your profile.

obrieny2k
Fri, Feb-28-03, 12:24
Did they subside for you? Do you give in or move on?? :confused:

Kathy54
Fri, Feb-28-03, 15:56
You asked how long I've been doing this, I'm just coming to the end of my 7th week.

"My husband and I are planning a 'carb-fest'"

Oh, Oh, that sounds dangerous to me :q: That can be a devilish invitation to fall off the wagon, be careful, can't imagine how I'd feel if I put weight on at this stage.

Maybe you should have a look around the recipes threads here and just make a nice special treat for both of you, that would'nt jepordize what you've accomplished? There is lots of sweet treats that are legal, but stil a treat ;)

Cheers :wave: Kathy

obrieny2k
Fri, Feb-28-03, 17:16
I feel very safe within myself that a treat will not send me back to the way I ate before. I never want to feel that way again. I made the Carbolite cheesecake and found it to be o.k. I think I got alittle crampy (intestinal) from it, not sure though. Did your cravings go away yet? Well, it's Friday night and all I want to do is eat a huge piece of prime-rib!! Mmmmmm Mmmmmmm! Talk w/u soon...

dancermom
Sat, Mar-01-03, 14:03
Since I really want to stay on program and I am a major sugar craver, I've been looking for low carb treats that don't have chemical additives (like artificial sweeteners). They make me ill. So far, I have found only a couple of things that work. Since I love wine, I have a glass of red wine and that helps. I've also tried some date bars made with only nuts and coconut. I love dates, so a couple of pieces of those help. Just nuts, cashews, almonds, or pecans will sometimes do the trick. The other is finding the best, tastiest berries I can. They have to be sweet! I don't do this, but a little bit of fresh cream poured over them would be yummy. Any good day on program is probably going to involve a little treat. Diana

obrieny2k
Sat, Mar-01-03, 17:59
I heard of people eating berries but assumed they have been lcing for a long time. I could go for a strawberry in the worst way. Can you mix a fruit w/a fat or protien and be o.k? Like strawberries w/ cream? Mmmmmmmm... I tell myself, this too, shall pass...... :rolleyes: Good weekend to ya... thanks for the note..

dancermom
Sun, Mar-02-03, 01:08
Sorry, Dru. I should have mentioned I'm not doing Atkins, that's why I don't eat cream. But I think Atkins OK's some berries after induction. Diana

obrieny2k
Sun, Mar-02-03, 10:16
Never heard of that plan, Diana. Is there a website for it. Today is weigh in day for me...yikes....when I feel like I gained, I loose and when I feel I lost I either stay the same or gain a pound.....today I decided that I feel no change.....ha!...Not let's see if this reverse psycology plays in my favor..... I have cream too, but have to count 2tbs as 1 carb. Take Care.... :spin:

dcbrowne
Sun, Mar-02-03, 11:51
Hi Obrieny2k-

Just wanted to say welcome and congratulations on your 12 lb weight loss. Hurray for you!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Donna:rheart:

obrieny2k
Sun, Mar-02-03, 12:55
What is CAD Diet? Another I haven't heard of...

pegva
Mon, Mar-03-03, 14:22
CAD is Carbohydrate Addicts Diet.

Look to the right on your screen and click "Which lowcarb plan is right for me?" There you can read about all the plans.

dcbrowne
Mon, Mar-03-03, 18:04
The CAD diet is the carbohydrate Addicts diet. Breakfast and lunch are similar to atkins, bu under most circumstances snacking is not allowed. But we get a reward meal-where you get to eat whatever you want in proportion. It sarts with 2 cups of salad,
To be followed by a meal that is balanced into 1/3 carbs, 1/3 protien and 1/3 vegetable (only certain allowed). Tonite for my reward meal I ate salad and dressing, green beans, steak and cheese and a donut. You have to eat everything within an hour. I have lost about 9 pounds in less than 2 weeks. Check out my diary to see other examples of reward meals. This is a great plan for me. Not for everybody though, some folks seem to have trouble balancing the Reward Meal.

I have been on many diets and this controls cravings, allows a daily treat and has a good weight loss.

LindaC6724
Fri, Mar-07-03, 12:08
Welcome to this journey with the other lowcarbers here. We welcome you with open arms. The more the merrier.

You sound like you are doing a Excellent Job and want to commend you and hope that you keep hanging in there. I know sometimes it is slow, but it is worth weighting (waiting) for. :spin:

As you can see, there is a vast amount of information here, too much to absorb at once, but everyday you come back you learn something news.

Everyone here is so friendly and our moderator is a GOD SEND! :rheart: :bhug:

Have a great lowcarb day and remember ... take it one meal at a time too. :wave: