PDA

View Full Version : Hi to all...I'm new

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lindamay
Thu, Feb-27-03, 22:04
I'm glad to have found this site.....I'm fairly new to computers.....and to the Atkin's diet.
I started the diet in December. I lost weight fairly quickly in the begining, but have not lost any for almost 3 weeks now. Is this a common experience, having the loss stall like this?
Would appreciate any advice. Looking forward to meeting everyone...and learning...and hopefully giving something in return. My best wishes to all.

Radio
Thu, Feb-27-03, 23:42
Hi Linda,
I'm new too, so I can't answer your questions, but I wanted to say hello. Isn't this place great? I think it could make all the difference for me.
Nice to meet you and good luck!
Mo

AmberAA1
Fri, Feb-28-03, 10:53
Hello Lindamay, yes it is common for weight loss to slow, but if you start a journal and post your food someone can tell if you have any no-no's. Have you started something new 3 weeks ago? Have you visited fitday to check your carb counts? You are doing great. Also have you checked the stalled link to see if you hit any area in there? Here are some links for you to read and check out what you have been doing to see if you are stalled or not. I would start a journal and start listing my food first, then maybe you can read over it and see what is wrong.

fitday link (www.fitday.com)

hotlinks (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28939)

fitday how too's (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38343)

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to stop by my place.

LisaJJ
Sun, Mar-02-03, 08:27
Hi my name is Lisa, I am new too :wave:

I only started the Atkins plan a week ago, so I am no genius on the subject :confused:

BUT!!! I hear that if you come to, what they call the plateau, where you are not losing weight anymore, they advise you to go back to the two week induction phase. Apparently that kick starts your weight loss again.

Hope this helps and good luck !!!

Luv Lisa

:roll:

nitrovixen
Sun, Mar-02-03, 12:30
Hi Linda! I'm new here as well. I found some useful information in "low carb tips" (then click on "Stalls and plateaus") on this website. It gives you three ways to jumpstart ketosis again. I myself have a hard time getting into and staying in ketosis.

sheri

LindaC6724
Fri, Mar-07-03, 12:20
Welcome to this journey with the other lowcarbers here. We welcome you with open arms. The more the merrier.

While I am not new at this, I am just re-inducting at a new weight. I was able to maintain my weight I lost so now that my body is use to it, I want to continue.

You sound like you are doing a Excellent Job and want to commend you on your weightloss, and hope that you keep hanging in there. It is slow, but it will come. Patience is the key to this WOL, if you don't have it you will sabatoge yourself.

As you can see, there is a vast amount of information here, too much to absorb at once, but everyday you come back you learn something news.

Everyone here is so friendly and our moderator is a GOD SEND! :rheart: :bhug:

Have a great lowcarb day and remember ... take it one meal at a time, one day at a time and enjoy the journey together.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!