PDA

View Full Version : stalling

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

superjudi
Wed, Feb-26-03, 20:10
hi everyone, I am a new member and have lost 65 lbs on a no carb diet. I have been stalling since the second week in Jan. But, I have not lost faith yet. atleast I did not gain any weight back. I tend to cheat alittle because I find myself being hungrier more now than before. Any tips out there for me :rolleyes:

tofi
Wed, Feb-26-03, 21:00
Well, I'd suggest that you up the carbs by using either Atkins Induction List of vegetables and salad, or Protein Power Plan's list - they are almost identical.

A body can get used to managing on No carbs and eventually refuse to lose. But I thought that Gittleman's Fat Flush was a time-limited plan? And even it is not no carb. Which "no carb fat flush" are you following?

If you stop losing for more than 6 weeks (neither pounds nor inches) then perhaps you have gone TOO low in carbs. And perhaps too low in calories and have switched into starvation mode where your body won't lose anything.

I'd wonder what form your 'little cheats' took? If they included sugars and starches, then they weren't so little. It would be better to eat veggies and salad for a 20 gm per day carb count minimum and maybe you'd lose better on a higher level of complex carbs.

On the major LC plans, there is NO NEED TO BE HUNGRY. You are allowed to eat protein foods when you are hungry. Check out the "which low carb plan is right for me" link at the right of your first post.

I hope you find the solution.

:wave: