PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow is a New Day

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mrschmelz
Wed, Feb-26-03, 00:09
Ok so I did have a cigertte about 30 minutes ago, but tomorrow is a new day. Why? Because that was the last cigerette of my life.

My next question is what to do with the $1,300 a year I will be saving? :wave:

My concern all along has been will it stall my weight loss. At first I had decided to wait until around August before trying to quit, but have decided I will thanks myself in the long run quitting now. The physical addiction has never been the problem...I can quit for a month at a time with ease, it's the mental addiction that kills me. Hopefully being more active now, that won't be as much of a problem. Wish me luck!

pbastian
Fri, Feb-28-03, 15:06
Congratulations, Mr S!
How is it going? Are you using any aids? (Zyban, patches, etc.) Are you feeling REALLY great about the gift you've given yourself? Check back here to post progress - very important to have supporters in this incredibly difficult challenge.

ps
Its been almost 2 months for me. It feels so good, but the cravings still surface. Oh well - not unexpected...

mrschmelz
Fri, Feb-28-03, 17:25
Thanks for the support :wave:

I am now on Day 3 of not smoking. I am using 0 aids, just went cold turkey. Yesterday was my first time in a bar without a cigerette, it was kind of tough. The key so far has been just to keep myself busy and not take "breaks" in life, because breaks always meant a cigerette for me.

The greatest thing for me has been sleep. I now sleep 4 to 5 hours a night and wake up on my own feeling refreshed. While a heavy smoker, I would sleep 8 or 9 hours and wake up feeling tired.