PDA

View Full Version : One Week in!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SebastienC
Mon, Feb-24-03, 17:24
It's now exactly one week since I started Atkins. My energy.stamina and sex drive have all increased dramatically and I don't seem to need as much sleep as before. The only thing I'm finding hard is a craving for sweet tasting things. So far I have lost six pounds. Is this a typical first week.
Would love to hear your comments.

Seeya,
SebastienC :wave:

Rosebud
Mon, Feb-24-03, 20:21
Hi Sebastien,

Those pesky sweet cravings will gradually disappear on their own.

Until they do, you might try taking L-Glutamine. I found it to be VERY helpful. Dr Atkins suggests 500mg ½ hour before each meal.

HTH

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

shannonlea
Mon, Feb-24-03, 20:34
You've made it a week what a great start! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Doesn't it feel GREAT to stick with something! I know how proud I was my first week and it only gets easier I promise! You can do this!!

acipenser
Tue, Feb-25-03, 09:34
my sweeet cravings pop up on a pretty regular basis. i find that if i make some of the "sweet treats" found in the recipe section here it helps a lot. also jello helps me a lot. just don't go overboard!! i uaually make up a batch of whatever and put it in the freezer in single serving portions so i can take out just one at a time!!

good luck