PDA

View Full Version : Metamucil for fiber??

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

fertigsjoe
Mon, Feb-24-03, 07:57
I/m 71 years young. Started LC 5 weeks ago. Dropped from 330 to 313 in first three weeks and thats where I've stayed for last two weeks.
I eat 3 pieces of bacon and 2 egg beaters for bkfst.
An 8oz hamburger and 2 cups of salad with liberal olive oil for lnch
Either fish or 12 oz of beef with 1 cup string beans and 2 cups of broccoli or the equivalents in veggies.
I also take 4-5 tsps of sugar free Metamucil twice a day.

I must admit I do not get as much vigorous exercise as I would like since the joints are arthritic.

Any ideas on why no continued weight loss?

sps112699
Mon, Feb-24-03, 08:51
While I was on induction, I contacted the Atkins Center and they indicated that you should count 2 carbs per teaspoon of SF Metamucil because of the fillers -

As for the weight loss - it is extremely common to have a 'pause' after induction -

My 'pause' has lasted for almost 6 weeks now - :D

freydis
Tue, Feb-25-03, 16:18
Originally posted by fertigsjoe
2 cups of salad with liberal olive oil for lnch
1 cup string beans and
2 cups of broccoli or the equivalents in veggies.

Well, you didn't get to the size you are by eating too many vegies. However, if your 2 cups of broccoli/equivalents are COOKED vegies, you should probably cut them out, eat them raw, or lower the amount. If they are raw, then you probably just need to be patient. Have you read the book, yet? That might be something to do while you're being patient. :)