PDA

View Full Version : diabetic help

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

spellbound
Sun, Feb-23-03, 15:57
hi everyone,

I just wanted to see if there were any other diabetics out there. I know this is a great woe for diabetics. Especially since everything tastes so good. Also I was wondering how much water does everyone drink?

Lisa N
Sun, Feb-23-03, 16:06
Hey, there, Spellbound!

Another diabetic checking in. I'm not following Atkins per se, but a low carb plan and doing wonderfully on it. I make an effort to drink at least 2 liters of water a day.

spellbound
Sun, Feb-23-03, 20:38
thanks Lisa,

It is good to hear from others who share the same troubles. I know that it has been a tough haul for me. My doctor originally put me on a med that made me gain 25 pounds. The other 15, i never lost after having my daughter. Alas, here I go to work at a better way of life, and a smaller midsection.

I look forward to hearing a lot of great advice.

thanks

UAGirl
Tue, Feb-25-03, 13:53
And yet another diabetic checking...:D

I love this WOE!! I have never felt better. :)

I drink NO LESS than 150 ounces a day. I have given up all other liquids though. :)

freydis
Tue, Feb-25-03, 16:51
You know those really big 64-oz tumblers? I drink six or more of those every day, plus 2+ cups of tea, and sometimes Diet Rite soda or some sparkling water with DaVinci syrup in it. I don't drink coffee anymore because the caffeine was bothering me, and I don't drink other sodas or alcoholic beverages or anything with sugar or aspartame in it. The only caffeine I get is from tea or an occasional bit of chocolate/cocoa. But, I never go anywhere without a bottle of water or a glass beside me.

spellbound
Tue, Feb-25-03, 19:18
UA girl.

Congrats on your weight loss. I am amazed. This really can be done huh?

Thanks for replying. I am always trying to learn more about our disease and how to treat it with food and exercise. Not with just medicine. I hate meds. I have a very strong goal to be off all my meds by the end of this year.

I love this WOL too. It is more energizing than anything else.

Just curious about your bg's, do you keep them well under control?

thanks again, for the inspiration

Lisa N
Tue, Feb-25-03, 20:01
Originally posted by spellbound

Just curious about your bg's, do you keep them well under control?

Starting A1C was 11.8. Most recent A1C was 5.3. :D

Fasting BG never goes over 100 anymore (usually 80-90) and my 2 hours never go over 115.

Low carb is the best method there is for tight blood sugar control. :thup:

spellbound
Wed, Feb-26-03, 12:34
Congrats on the great bg's. I wish I could get mine to that point.

How long have you been lcing? Do you take any meds for the diabetes, did you ever?

You have made great progress. Share the secret, please.