PDA

View Full Version : Fiber

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Adeline2
Sun, Feb-23-03, 13:15
:wave: Hi, I am new and have a question. I have been on Atkins before and was very sucessful. I have since had major bowel surgery and now have only 1/3 of a colon and ,of course, a colostomy. I am concerned about the fiber problem with Atkins diet. I must maintain a soft stool. Any sugggestions?

Rosebud
Sun, Feb-23-03, 17:09
Hi Adeline, welcome! :wave:

Dr Atkins suggests psyllium or linseeds for fibre.

I take psyllium husks every day. The psyllium is a soluble fibre that actually softens the stool. You can get it in capsule form, or just as the husks. I pop a tablespoon of the husks into a full glass of water and drink them down.
Hint: they are much easier to take if you flavour the water somehow. A squeeze of lemon juice helps.

HTH

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

RBalhan
Fri, Feb-28-03, 15:29
:wave: Hi Adeline:

Just stopping by to wish you a Happy Birthday!! :bday: You are exactly 3 days older than I since I will turn 65 on March 3rd.

Rose :rose: