PDA

View Full Version : introducing myself

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

magster
Sun, Feb-23-03, 11:25
Hi, My husband and myself are starting our 2nd try at this diet. We did it a few years ago and did well but fell off track. I gained all my weight back and need to try abain. This time I am finding it very hard to lose any weight at all. I'm not sure if this is something that happens to others or not. I am a work at home photographer so I am not as active as I sould be, however I did just start a womans only workout called curves in my area. I am hoping this gets my weight loss going. I do use ketosticks to monitor how I am doing and they always register that I am sticking to the diet just fine. I guess I thought it would be easier than this. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks :q:

Kristine
Sun, Feb-23-03, 11:35
Hi and welcome! :wave: It's normal for weight loss to be tougher each time you try it - you've basically "trained" your body to deal with famine better and it's become more efficient. Good for our caveman ancestors, not so good for us.

If you're interested in more specific feedback, feel free to start a journal.

Best of luck and enjoy! :)

DunkyBoy
Mon, Feb-24-03, 13:56
This is my second time on the diet too. In hindsight, the first time on the diet was a half-hearted attempt, I thought I knew the rules and knew what to eat, I scanned through the book and thought "Lets do it". Well, I fell off the wagon and here I am 2 years later.

This time I read the book fully BEFORE starting the diet, I lurked on this BB for a few weeks, did several weeks worth of research and this time success. I'm now 60 days into the diet and 30 lbs lighter. I have to admit this forum has been a Godsend, seeing other peoples results and positive remarks about the WOL is a definite help. I think it has also helped that I tried the diet once and failed, the old adage "To ultimately succeed, first you must fail" seems to ring true.

Good luck for the diet, It's worth it and it also helps that your hubby is there with you. My wife and I are doing this together and it certainly helps with the grocery shopping! I'd also recommend Fitday.com for tracking your carb intake, though I don't use it now, starting out made me reailse the areas I was slipping up.

Duncan