PDA

View Full Version : [SB] Carbs

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LovableLC
Wed, Feb-19-03, 19:48
How many of you have a carb limit, and if you do what do you keep it at?

lkonzelman
Wed, Feb-19-03, 19:51
I'm doing Atkins - second phase OWL and I stay at between 25-30ish carbs a day.

AlluraD
Thu, Feb-20-03, 07:50
Hi~
Carbs are considerable higher on sugar busters........I am not counting them........but sticking to several servings of grains a day.......and not counting those in milk and yogurt. Ask Molly......she knows a lot about sugar busters~

Monet
Thu, Feb-20-03, 09:18
Sugar Busters is not about counting carbs. You don't have to do it. If you are avoiding the no no's and sticking to two or three servings of starchy foods such as bread, brown rice, etc., a day, you are doing what you are supposed to do. I do keep track of what I have eaten each day, and some days my carbs are around 200, and some days they are around 60. It just depends on what I have eaten, and how much. The idea here is to keep the insulin response low. Some things cause very little insulin response, even with higher carb counts, and other things with seemingly low carb counts cause a big insulin response. If you are doing SB, you don't need to count carbs. Just eat the foods that are allowed.

LovableLC
Sat, Feb-22-03, 23:51
I just count them to give me an extra boost on the weight loss. If I don't count and they go too high I just stall or gain. So right now I'm keeping it under 50.