PDA

View Full Version : living the low carb way

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nater25
Wed, Feb-19-03, 16:23
Hey all :D

26 year old male here just had knee surgery which is forcing me to lose some weight and work on a lifestyle change.

I have found the atkins is a a great way to do that!!!

Every day is a battle. I have been laid up for a few weeks do to the surgery, and been watching the food network, and during the chocolet obsession week, it really tested my dedication.

I am on the fifth week, and down 46lbs Im staying in the induction phase, and had one slip on the 14th I could not resist the garlic mash potatoes! :rolleyes: Anyone have a good substitue for that???

well Life is good clothes are fitting, and as soon as the knee is healed looking forward to hitting the Gym.

I appreciate any advice, and help, and Recipies are greatly appreciated GO LOW CARBING! :thup: :wave:

Nathan

liz175
Wed, Feb-19-03, 16:32
Congratulations on your success so far! :cheer: If you are doing this well while being unable to exercise, just think how well you will do when you are able to hit the gym.

MaineDaddy
Wed, Feb-19-03, 16:37
sounds like you're doing great Man. Once the knee is better and you hit the guy look out!

I have found these forums to be a real inspiration and source of knowledge.

Keep it up man.

If you want to meet some other Men in here we have a forum in the Buddies/challenges forum. We have quite a few guys in there hanging out and getting to know each other.

nater25
Wed, Feb-19-03, 17:47
Thanks for all the support this site is amazing!!! :roll:

i look forward to hearing more

:wave:

lkonzelman
Wed, Feb-19-03, 17:50
Nathan -

Awesome!! I look forward to reading about your journey all the way to your goal!

nater25
Wed, Feb-19-03, 17:51
anyone help me with this?

lkonzelman
Wed, Feb-19-03, 19:48
If you mean private messages - you need to have (I think) 50 posts before it works.

nater25
Thu, Feb-20-03, 16:15
Ok i have read the Atkins for life book cover to cover, great way to make a lifestyle, I do have one ?

In the induction phase cand you eat 20 grams PLUS 2 cups of greens? or 20 Grams all together??

as well should I be using he Atkins shakes, during this time?
Is there things that I should absoulutly not have?
I know im asking alot but any help in my journey helps :confused:

I have been on it for four weeks, and going strong, I do not want to slow the weight loss!

well thats alll for now
thanks all for your support :wave:

Elihnig
Thu, Feb-20-03, 17:05
You might want to read the DANDR Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution. I haven't read the new Atkins for Life yet.

Induction has a certain list of food that are allowed, you can also find it at atkinscenter.com You need 20 grams of carbs, mostly from green veggies. Make sure you start a journal so friends can drop in a visit and you can list your foods and get feedback about them.

You need 25 posts to access private messaging.

Substitute for mashed potatoes--mashed cauliflower many people enjoy.

I'd recommend staying far away from bars, shakes, fake food, and sodas. Try to eat real foods and drink as much water as you can.

Welcome,

Beth

pegva
Thu, Feb-20-03, 21:26
Nathan,
I know what you mean about Chocolate Obsession Week...
but there's LOTS of great low carb chocolate out there... I believe we were never meant to go without chocolate!!

Karen
Fri, Feb-21-03, 00:48
Your enthusiasm is great Nathan!

I could not resist the garlic mash potatoes! Anyone have a good substitue for that???

But of course! Cook cauliflower until tender and mash with cream cheese and butter. There's lots of variations you can come with on this theme. :)

I agree to stay away from fake foods. All you need to be successful is plenty of fresh protein and vegetables.

You have an advantage being male, where fat loss is concerned. Most men can eat higher amounts of carbs - the good ones, not the "baddies" - and still lose at a good pace.

Karen

nater25
Sat, Feb-22-03, 20:23
I have recently been printing out recipies from this site, and also bought the atkins cook book, all I have to saw WOW!

I have also (though not cheap) gotten some of the atkins products such as the bake mix, etc.....

WOW this way of life almost seems to to to to easy.

I dont mock it so please everyone dont take it that way, I am just excited that I do not have to settle for bleak not flavorful meals, but I just have to count the carbs, and there is a subtitute for EVERYTHING!!

one ? is splenda the best sweetner to use for sweetner!
I am going to start making some of these dished in the cook book, and look forward to letting you all know the results

love ya all, and here is to winning the battle :spin:

cannot wait to talk soon

Nathan :wave: