PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bbarrall
Wed, Feb-19-03, 14:07
Hello!
I am a 32 yr. old female. I have a 13 yr. old daughter. I have been happily married for 14 yrs. I am currently 198 lbs. I have tried and failed at many other ways to lose weight. (Jenny Craig (yuck)protein diets, other portion control diets, calorie counting and diet pills.)
The only thing that has ever been somewhat successful was diet pills, I lost 50 lbs., but I cannot keep weight off once pills are stopped and besides they make me feel ill...
I never had a weight problem, until after the birth of my daughter and since then I have been continually gaining weight, or yo-yo'ing up and down.
I am new to the Atkins WOL, I started "weaning" myself off of the carbs all weekend and have lost 2 lbs since last Friday! I do feel unusually tired though.... I am looking forward to meeting others following Atkins and am open to any suggestions or comments!

Rikke
Thu, Feb-20-03, 00:21
Welcome!

You've made a great decision to join this WOL and I'm sure you'll quickly learn that it was the best decision for you.

I was tired for a day or two when first starting (just a few weeks ago!), but it passed fairly quickly. I allowed myself to nap when tired and my body rebounded no problem!

Best of luck and happy LCing!

RBalhan
Thu, Feb-20-03, 13:45
Hi :wave:

Welcome to this forum. You will find it extremely helpful and rewarding by posting to a journal and having other people answer your questions or concerns. Just ask and you will get tons of replies. We all want to help.

I have been on the WOE since January 7, 2003 and have lost 15 pounds. I am now at the same weight as you. This WOE is soooooo easy...at least it has been for me. It does take a little planning on your part but once you get the hang of it its a "piece of cake"..sort of a pun.

Best piece of advice is to look around and read others journals. You usually can find out just what you were looking for...and post to newbies and welcome them...makes your heart feel glad. Please feel free to drop in at my journal and if you click on the bottom at www. you will bring up my food journal which will give you an idea what I have been eating to lose those 15 pounds.

Rose :rose:

Good luck to you and will look in on your when you have a journal going

lkonzelman
Thu, Feb-20-03, 13:50
Hello and welcome -

You got some great advice already so I will just second the journal thing.

I find posting my daily menus makes me accountable for my behavior and I do much better that way. Also gives us a chance to give some wanted or unwanted advice AND also a chance to get to know you better.

All the best to you.

iseeku
Thu, Feb-20-03, 14:51
Welcome to a new way of life! I noticed your remark about the "being tired"....hang in there! Once you get off your sugar jag....it will get so much better and you will feel fantastic! If you are a sweet fiend, be sure to check out the low carb bars. Anything but what you used to do. I have lost 40# so far.....it works!!!!

Stay in touch! :wave: