PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

celtinore
Wed, Feb-19-03, 12:39
I am a new member, and am really glad to find this forum. My doctor told me on 2/5/03 that I have hyperinsulinism, and that if I did not take measures NOW to reverse it, I would definitely end up with diabetes. That's what it took -- I freely admit that the idea of injecting myself four times a day with insulin (as a friend of mine must) makes me cringe. I started a lo-carb lifestyle immediately, following the guidelines in Dr. Atkins's book, and when I returned to the doctor yesterday, I had lost 14 POUNDS in 13 DAYS! I have never been successful at "diets", always abandoning them around the 20-lb mark -- but I hope this time to stick with it. I have 159 lbs to go to reach my goal. Thanks for letting me share my story! :)

liz175
Wed, Feb-19-03, 12:42
Welcome. :wave: A lot of us started this way of eating because of medical problems. You are lucky to have a doctor who told you about it -- many of us had to figure it out on our own.

I think that knowing that there is a medical reason to do it -- we are not just doing it because we want to look better (although certainly we do want to look better) -- helps us stay on track.

AlluraD
Wed, Feb-19-03, 12:49
Hello~ *s* Welcome to the forum this is a great place. A wonderful resourse for info and support. Very glad you found it. You are doing terrific..........I think when I started I lost 60 lbs very fast.........4 months maybe.
It has been a lonf road and a long way yet to go but I feel so much better in many ways. I just posted a before and after pic in my journal today........one at 340 lbs. and one around 210.......hope you will visit~*s*

celtinore
Wed, Feb-19-03, 14:20
Allura, thanks for pointing me to your journal. Didn't read it all, but did see your post about how you got to where you were, and then skipped over to look at the pictures. What a wonderful achievement! You must be really proud!!! :)