PDA

View Full Version : hello form PA

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Laczkoskie
Tue, Feb-18-03, 23:32
just found this great forum. Im diabetic and desparately in need of lo carbing. This has been such an inspiration to see so many out there on this way of life. So how do we get it all together in Pa.? I need some big time encouragement. Im from Shamokin. One hr. north of Harrisburg 2 hrs. south of Scranton. Anyone near by..closer than Harrisburg. I go to a great chiropracter in Harrisburg. He is worth the hr and 15 min drive. He got me started in laying off the carbs. Also gives me adjustments for my diabetes. Not too much has helped though before getting serious about this. My sugars were hitting over 500 with a low of 200 plus before I started on this now they are all under 200 with lows near 145. I even had a 95 on a fish day!!!! so it is working!~!! anyone else diabetic? mary lacz.

jers52
Fri, Feb-21-03, 19:16
I am from the greater Pittsburgh area, though. I have been on Atkins since 1-5-03 - feeling better and looking better.

Jan

:wave:

Laczkoskie
Wed, Feb-26-03, 22:36
hey Jan, Nice to hear from you. The only time I was in Pittsburg was for a funeral 30 years ago and when we drove by going to Kansas two summers ago. My daughter went to a camp just outside Pittsburg (can't remember the =name) and I got $10 off ticket for an amusement park just outside of lPitts. I thought it was for one in our area and boy was I embarrassed when I tried to turn it in!!!
I love the lo-carbing diets. It sems the only thing helping me. It is hard when you are just starting out. Seems like you have such a long way to go. Then you read all these wonderful profiles and see the answers to all the various questions you might have asked and you know, YOU CAN DO IT It just seems more attainable by the minute.
I tried this myself a year or so ago maybe 2 Im not sure anyway there was just no support!!!There is so much here its addicting and so the lo-carb'ing becomes that way too!!! Keep at it. Love to chat with you . Mary L.