PDA

View Full Version : confused

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

shygirl
Mon, Feb-17-03, 11:18
Hello everyone, I hate my username. I chose it because never in my life have I ever posted on a chat site before. I have been lurking around this site for wks now. I 'm sooooooo glad I found it. You all seems so friendly and informative. I didn't want to introduce myself before I read the bfl book. I read it yesterday and was so excited about starting this program today that I could barely sleep last night. Stupid eh! I do have some questions that I hope someone can help me with though.

1. I have the bfl book 12 wks to mental and physical strength. He writes about having portion sizes (palm and fist). I have seen comments on the forum about the 40/40/20 ratio, and how to figure out how many calories I should be eating (lbsX10 for fat loss). I dont know if i should still be deducting 500 calories to lose weight or not ( like I have been told to do all my life). He never mentioned this in the book that I have. Have I read the right book.

2. He gives a list of authorized veggies. Is this the only veggies we can eat.

3. I am 5'1 and weigh 113. I really want to tone down. I'm worried that once I out grow of an intensity level I will have to move up in weights. I dont want big muscles. Should I be doing a moderate intensity level with more reps instead.

Thanks for reading this. I just now hope I am able to post this correctly. I should probably mention that I am just as computer illiterate as they come. :)

butrf1yb1u
Mon, Feb-17-03, 11:41
Hi there :)

Im not a body for lifer and so cant answer your questions, but did want to welcome you and say hello.

Good luck I hope the program works for you!

http://freeavatars.net/vpimages/backgrounds/fhbacka990.gif

butrf1yb1u
Mon, Feb-17-03, 11:54
:daze: oops wanted to mention:

On the "bulking up" us women usually wont, but if you are looking more for that "tight-toned hottie" look (as I am) lol :p ....keep your weights low and up your sets and or repetitions per set.

I am far from goal weight so have yet to really see my muscles ( I have GOT to have a nice body in waiting under all this fat lol)..but I have yet to bulk up.

Doing some really nice long stretching after your workout while your muscles are warm....this REALLY helps to lengthen and sleek out your look.

Dont know how this advise would work into the bfl plan but wanted to add my 2 cents.

Much love laughter and success to you! BB :daizy:

http://freeavatars.net/vpimages/backgrounds/fhbacka990.gif

shygirl
Mon, Feb-17-03, 13:06
Thanks for the info. I didnt stretch afterwards today. I usually do but this is a new program for me and everything is different than what I have learned in the past. I am trying to do this by the book but I still have questions.

we are all beautiful. hee hee

:)