PDA

View Full Version : Nice to join you

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Foxy59
Sun, Feb-16-03, 16:25
Hi everyone,

I started on the Atkins plan four weeks ago. I was extremely sceptical about the health side of eating as it directed but I also watched a colleague disappear before my eyes and wanted to feel what that sort of success was like. I read the book and saw the sense of it. I have always been a high-carb eater. My favourite foods were pasta, bread, potato, crisps etc and it made sense to me that this might be the problem all along. I have spent the last 15 years fighting my weight and I have been on every plan and joined every club that the UK has with various degrees of success. Each time I have gone on to regain the weight with another couple of stone on top.

I have lost 18 pounds in the past four weeks. That is five pounds more than I lost in 6 months of dedication on the Rosemary Conley diet. As someone who cooks everyday I find it flexible enough for me to create recipes and my husband isn't feeling deprived at all.

I am going to Australia for a once in a lifetime holiday at the end of November and I am determined to be at a weight which will not stop me from doing anything I want to. I am in this for the long term and will really appreciate any tips and success stories on this site to get me through the low times that are bound to happen.

Wish me luck!

red1cutie
Sun, Feb-16-03, 20:02
Hi Foxy. Congrats on the weight loss. I plan to start this week after I get a physical. Can you tell me a little of what you ate during your induction?

red :wave:

Foxy59
Mon, Feb-17-03, 04:26
I can do better than that. I am a terribly organised person and therefore have been working out my weekly menus in advance and keeping detailed records. Give my lovely husband a couple of days and I will send you a web link where they will all be displayed for anyone who wants to use them.