PDA

View Full Version : hi, new with questions

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nix
Sun, Feb-16-03, 07:05
Hi, I'm new to the forum and started atkins Jan 13. I've been struggling and not experiencing the big weight loss others do in induction. However, I feel great, very positive, mood dips are gone (no more need for that afternoon coffee!) and I've lost 6 cm in the waist, 3 in the hips and 3 in the chest. I've only lost 8.6 pounds overall and my ketostix put me in the pink most days.

- the first week was aweful, headaches cravings..
- the second week was trying to figure out what to eat
- the third week was adjusting/fine tuning getting in the rhythm
and so on.

I've decided not to leave induction until I loose my short term goal weight (from 80 to 70 kilos =22 pounds). I have some questions but I'll post them in the right section.
see ya!
nix

liz175
Sun, Feb-16-03, 14:02
Hi Nix,

Welcome. It looks like you have lost between 8 and 9 pounds in a month. That is fantastic and very fast for someone without much weight to lose. I'm not sure where you got the idea that it is not a big weight loss -- it is.