PDA

View Full Version : Dinner out

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

rachelthea
Sat, Feb-15-03, 08:20
Hello!

I've been doing Atkins for about a month now, really loving it. I've lost about 10 lbs so far, and I wanted to share my Valentines Day story with everyone.

Last night was the first time I've tried eating out since starting this WOE on January 20. I went out to dinner with my DH for Valentines Day, and normally I would totally blow any diet on such an occasion. Treat it as a special exception, have whatever I wanted...I'm sure you all know what I mean! Last night, I knew, even before getting to the restaurant, that I was going to eat low-carb, regardless of what temptations were listed on the menu. And I did...everything was very good, and completely acceptable for an LC dinner. It feels so good to have that kind of control...to not feel like I NEEDED to eat bread and the potato that came with the meal, and one of the wonderful desserts they were serving. My only planned indulgence was a small glass of dessert wine, which I had decided in advance to allow myself.

I can't ever recall, in all my weight loss struggles and attempts, ever feeling as in control of my eating as I do now, and as sure that THIS time would be the time I'd make it work. This low-carb stuff really works!!! :daze:

Anyway, thanks for listening! It's nice to have a place to share these stories. :)

Rachel

Kristine
Sat, Feb-15-03, 13:27
Hi Rachel! Welcome and congrats! That's what I like about this WOE, too: you're working *with* your mind and body, not against it. Sure, desserts and potatoes are sometimes tempting, but when you're already happy with the food you're eating, it's much easier to resist.

All the best! Keep up the good work!