PDA

View Full Version : New and first week of induction completed

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

wanabsize7
Thu, Feb-13-03, 10:45
or a size 5 or 3....lol....will adjust it as I near size 7, and see how I look and feel at that size.

Hi everyone!! :wave:

Just wanted to say hello. I LOVE this site! :clap: The information and support/encouragement is overwhelming, its the main reason why its taken a week for me to post lol. Been spending all this time reading up.....think it will take me a few months to go through all of this.

Im a 32 sahm of two boys 5 yrs and 9 months....been overweight all my adult life and most of my childhood ranging from size 7/8(at age 19 this was shortlived...a year) to a size 18.

Im 5'4" petite and with a small frame and would like to get to 110-120 which is a lil overwhelming as those numbers seem a bit insane and out of reach. Even at age 19 I was 129, so reaching goal will be a very FIRST for me. I am determined to look the very best I have ever looked at age 33 or before. Before would be better :p

Not to bore everyone with my full history with weight and the battles(will save the journal for that purpose LOL)....I will at least state that Ive dropped from 187 to 155 after the baby(most of it just fell off thank goodness for small miracles). Ive buckled down for the last 4 months eating a lot of fruit and veggies cutting back meat (typical high carb low fat diet minus the junk food), changed my unhealthy outlook and habits with food for the better, and began working out aerobics and weights 5-6 days a week consistently for an hour or more at a time. Ive lost 5 pounds in that time, and a pant size. Not too bad, but it just seems that Im working too hard, struggling to control food cravings, struggling to maintain 1200 calories. I KNEW I was doing the exercise bit well enough and so began to wonder if I could find a way of eating that would work more with me than against me.

Ive been on Atkins for a week now. Finally feel part of the living today. lol. I had major incredible fatigue and headaches. :( Today Im feel an energy surge, have no hunger, and find myself more alert and thinking more clearly. :D I have also lost 5 pounds. Im hoping I can at least lose 2.5 pounds a month or see an consistent loss of inches. If anything I plan on staying on this path just for the appetite control. Im so relieved to quit the eca stacking!!

Just curious if anyone out there has similar stats and goals, is at about the same stage of induction as I am? Im currently a size misses 10-12.

Great to be a part of this all! :yay: Good luck to every one of you!

Much love, happiness and success, :rose:
T.

shannonlea
Thu, Feb-13-03, 15:58
Hello and welcome! Well, I'm 5'5" and medium frame (i guess). I do not consider myself small framed because I can carry excess weight very well. I have been doing atkins for 10 weeks now and I feel great. I weighed 179 in november and lost about 5lbs just from exercising and eating low fat. However I to experienced hunger and found it too hard to stick with. I've lost 16 lbs in 10 weeks which I would say is pretty average since I fell off the wagon two different times.. 3 days total.. Christmas Eve,Christmas Day,and Feb. 2 my daughter's b-day. So I cannot complain. I want to let you know that honestly you will most likely slow down like I did. I lost 16 lbs very quickly,but have been stuck for about a month(the cheat did not help). I also have a problem eating too much cheese,porkrinds.. and other things low carb. Water is the important thing also. My goal was to be at 135 by Easter. That is 9 weeks from now and I really don't look for that to happen now that I messed up. But I think that if I make the effore and work extra hard I could get to 140 by then! You are like myself and really do not have a whole lot to lose,but I know it feels like it. It will take some time. It's good to have goals ,but do not do like I did and set them way to high or you'll be disappointed if you do not lose the way you planned. Slow and steady really is best.. I know it sucks but it is true. There are people on here who it took 6 mos to lose 40lbs and others it took a full year or more. Every body is different. Good Luck to you ! I'd look at some journals and begin your own. It really helps!

butrf1yb1u
Fri, Feb-14-03, 01:40
Hi Shannonlea!! :D

Thanks so much for taking time to say hello and to welcome me.(Pssst) it is me, wanabsize7. LMAO! :lol: ..hope I didnt confuse everyone too much. When I found this place a week ago I just used an old name from another low fat/ weight loss group that I belong to. Didnt think too much about it, didnt think I would end up loving this place like I do...and now since deciding that Im fully commited to this low-carbing...I wanted a name that reflected me better. "Nut" was a second choice. :lol:

Anyhoo

Congrats on your weight loss!! Yes slow and steady is best, I do know this although it doesnt stop me from cursing at my scale to MOVE DAMMIT MOVE DOWN! hehe. I started the low-fat low calorie exercise my butt off starve and frustrate bit in November also. Glad to see this working for you. :) Im just happy the scale is moving down and clothes getting looser again for me! :p Ive been on a plateau for a month prior to starting the Atkins. Stupid scale tetter tottering between 152 and 150 that whole time.

Thanks for the journal tip ....I had been reading around ...finally started mine tonight ...and now Im turning in.

Much continued success to you gf!! :)

Hugs,
BB
http://freeavatars.net/vpimages/backgrounds/fhbacka990.gif

LOL Mom
Fri, Feb-14-03, 08:45
Hi there and welcome to the world of "Low-Carb"! I've been at it for almost a year (or I should say, "off and on" for a year!) and I am getting very serious about it again. This time, I put my husband on it, too. We've been serious since early January and he's lost 13# so far. I lost 8 but put a pound back on this last week. I think I eat too much as I serve both of us the same portions. My problem is nibbling.....and maybe too much cheese, peanut butter, cream...... I'm going to make a real effort to be good this week and see what happens.

I've never been "fat" I guess, but I've always struggled with a weight issue. Last year I got down to 126# which is where I feel great and really would like to stay. I just have such a hard time remaining there! I find I'm hungry alot and so I eat alot of meat or other proteins at meal time. Maybe I shouldn't eat so much of those kind of things.

At any rate, this forum is fun and encouraging. I really enjoy seeing what other low-carbers have to say ! Let's all hang in there!

butrf1yb1u
Sun, Feb-16-03, 12:22
Thanks for the welcome and encouragement. :D

Congrats to both you and your husband on the weight loss. I would love the hubby to come on over to my side!! I have noticed him eating less carbs at dinner and hes noticed me shrinking( we both started out about 35 pounds overweight) and has made some comments about needing to lose his "spare tire" but hasnt actually jumped on induction yet. ( I say "yet" cuz Im hoping to quietly inspire him by getting into shape myself) He's wonderful and I love him the same no matter what weight. Im just thinking..."hey" less cooking , less money spent on groceries, less kitchen mess to clean up! lmao.

How great that you both are in this together! Men and their metabolisms! Dontcha envy it?! lol Thats k tho cuz you know they be sayin "Women and their brilliant minds!! Dontcha envy it?" :p ahhhhh hahaha. jk. hehe.

Thanks for the shout out, was nice to hear from another low-carber out there.

I too have to watch my intake once I get the hang of all of this. Its a lil overwhelming at first. The first 3 days I ate 1800-2000 calories(been eating 1000-1200 calories) so this was a huge amount for me...and I still lost weight . Amazing stuff.

Im shooting for 110-120....but will be wildly estactic to even see 130. Good luck in reaching your 126 and with everything else! :)

Much love, laughter and success,
BB
http://freeavatars.net/vpimages/backgrounds/fhbacka990.gif