PDA

View Full Version : I'm new!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ConshyGirl
Wed, Feb-12-03, 19:25
I'm Ellie and I am new to the LC way of life and to this forum. Today is actually the last day of my two week induction on Atkins and I have to say - I feel Great!

I finally feel like I have found the solution to my weight problem that will work for me for a lifetime. I've been on Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, LA Weight Loss, you name it. And while I was moderately successful on all of these programs, I never felt that I could make that type of eating a way of life. I lost over 65 lbs on WW about 10 years ago and I think it was mostly due to pure determination and frenzied exercise. I can remember crying some nights because I was SO hungry, but I refused to cheat. It was painful. I now understand what was fueling those hunger pangs and those god awful cravings. I can still remember pacing the kitchen muttering to myself - "I have 2 points left, what can I eat, WHAT CAN I EAT????" Usually ended up with 3 pieces of melba toast or some similar weak excuse for food. Some nights I would go to bed really early just so I could look forward to getting up and eating! That's sad, isn't it?

Anyway, the best part of LC is truly understanding for the first time how my body reacts to carbs - it's a total revelation and although I'm a long way from goal, I feel content already about my decision to embark on this new way of life.

It's great reading all the posts here and sharing the support of fellow LCers! You guys are great and I'm happy to be here. Thanks for the welcome!

Star85
Wed, Feb-12-03, 19:39
Hi Ellie!

Welcome! If you've been checking out the posts on this site, I'm sure that you have realized that we are your people! Most of us have been on tons of diets! I know that I have tried ww, jenny craig, slimfast, cambridge, you name it!

Thankfully, I found Low carbing, and now you have too! Congrats on your success so far during induction, and even better, you feel good! Its been a while since I remember feeling good overall when trying to lose weight!

Make sure you measure so you can track how many inches you've lost! (or try on some clothes that used to be too tight and judge from that). Have you started a journal? If not, you should definitely start one! I was a little nervous about writing down everything I was eating, but it is a big help! It helps keep you honest when you make the commitment to write down everything you eat. Also, other members can check out your food plans and give you new ideas or suggestions on how to maximize your success!

Glad that you're here!

~*Shannon

Oh...you might want to check out the Triple Digits Club forum too, it is for folks with 100 lbs or more to lose, and it is a great support system! Good luck!

ConshyGirl
Wed, Feb-12-03, 22:22
Shannon,

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! It means so much to me to have this forum for support. Even with all the new information that is coming out every day in support of low carb eating, I still get a raised eyebrow from folks when I tell them I'm doing Atkins. I just tell 'em now - please read the book!

Anyway, I took your advice and checked out the Triple Digits Club and have already committed myself to the one year club. I figure it's better to jump in all at once rather than just getting my feet wet!

I have to tell you I can already tell the difference in my clothes and my rings. It's a wonderful feeling and I am doing a lot of smiling lately.

Having over 100 pounds to lose is somewhat mind-boggling (even hard to type it..), but I am heartened by all the wonderful success stories of those who post here.

Thanks again for the welcome and I'm sure I'll "see" you on TDC!