PDA

View Full Version : Happy with Protein Power

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Skinny Jim
Wed, Feb-12-03, 14:00
I had been on Atkins since October 2002, but I started stalling in January. I had lost about 22 pounds as of January 1, but it seems that for the entire month of January I wasn't making any progress. I picked up PP and started it in earnest two weeks ago and have started not only losing again, but I feel more energized and positive. Now according to PP, with my lean body mass I should be consuming about 3 metric tons of protein a day (or so it felt) , and it was a struggle at first to adjust. In fact, it was a similar experience to Atkins Induction in October, but the payoff is that I feel a whole lot more comfortable on this plan. I can see why so many people switch.

Thanks to every one in the PP forum for all of your input on this plan. It has kept me low-carbing.

Kathy54
Sun, Feb-16-03, 00:42
Hi, there, I too have recently read P.P. I'm thinking of switching over eventually. But i'm a little concerned of the increase in Carbs,all of a sudden. I'm pretty much still on induction with Atkins, lost 10 pounds the first 2 weeks, then stayed the same for the last two weeks. Thought I'd give it a bit more time yet.
So tell me, what is it that you like better about P.P.
I'd like to gather as much as I can about it, before I decide.

Thanks Kathy54

Karen
Sun, Feb-16-03, 00:57
Welcome to the PP club Jim! I've had great success with it.

What I like most about PP is what seems like an unlimited use of low-carb vegetables. I never became paranoid about vegetable carbs, only the "other" ones.

Try it Kathy, you've got nothing to lose but fat!

Karen

gingertea
Mon, Feb-17-03, 09:21
I like the vast amounts of vegetables too Kathy. Also being able to eat a little fruit now and then. It just generally seems easier to stick too. No reliance on any kind of processed foods or bars. Just good healthy eating. If you start on intervention levels you are at <30 per day so it's not that much of an increase. Slowly up vegetables if you are concerned. Good luck.
Gin

Skinny Jim
Tue, Feb-18-03, 10:28
Kathy:

I agree with Karen and Ginger, for I can comfortably consume many vegetables without fear of overdoing the carbs. I am from California, so I have a great deal of produce to choose from almost year round. On Atkins, though I enjoy the regimen, I was always calculating how many cups of lettuce and such. I feel more at ease with PP. It just feels like a naural way to eat.

Kathy54
Tue, Feb-18-03, 10:46
Yes it sure does look appealing, as I have said through out my journal I love veggie's they are the first to go off my plate!

Living where I live, from Nov. til about June we relay on imported veggies, must say other than the tomato's , it's pretty good quality, however hit our growing season, it's local farms all the way, picked every morning, I'm fortunate I have 2 small farms basically at my door step. So summer for me might be alittle harder on Atkins, so P.P.is looking pretty good.

Thanks for the input everyone. :wave:

Cheers Kathy