PDA

View Full Version : Artificial Sweetners

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CaroleSP
Wed, Feb-12-03, 10:56
Remember, Schwarzbein says NO ARTIFICIAL SWEETNERS!! That means saccharin, aspartame, Splenda, NutraSweet, etc. They are toxic!!!
Try using honey or stevia. Stevia is an herb she talks about in her book. I bought some, and it's not bad. I use it in hot tea and oatmeal.
Carole
:)

rosarugosa
Wed, Feb-12-03, 11:13
I have posted this in other threads, but I have found a vast difference in quality/taste of differing brands. One that I settled on is Sweet Leaf Stevia Extract by Wisdom Herbs. I buy the .9oz(25g) bottle at hf store for around $8. and it lasts for a very long time. It is best to start out using it with a light touch to avoid bitterness.

CaroleSP
Wed, Feb-12-03, 20:14
Don't forget, artificial sweetners also cause major SUGAR cravings!!! Stay away from it!!! :wave:
Carole
:)

amieK
Wed, Feb-12-03, 22:32
.......how can anyone stand their horrible chemical aftertaste??!!!
:Puke:

Isn't that a nasty little icon? heh heh heh

amie