PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Truffles

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jackal
Tue, Feb-11-03, 15:23
Found this recipe and thought i'd share because i absolutely LOVE them. Takes care of any chocolate craving i may get.

1 cup Heavy Cream
8 oz Unsweetend Chocolate
1 3/4 cups Splenda
2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
Unsweetened Cocoa powder

Bring cream to a boil over medium heat then add chocolate until it is completely melted. Remove from heat and add Splenda, butter and vanilla. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Cover and put in refrigerator for about 2-3 hours. (until mixture is stiff and can be molded...be careful not to leave too long) Lay out a sheet of wax paper and sift the cocoa powder over it. Take a melon scoop or 2 spoons and make little balls from the chocolate mixture. Roll in cocoa powder and set aside. Best to keep them in the fridge.

Only 2g carbs per truffle! (this varies by the size you make them, but melon scoop size is 2g per truffle) Enjoy!