PDA

View Full Version : Is this weird?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lolli-J
Mon, Feb-10-03, 10:22
I was at a wedding last Saturday ( 9 days ago ) and after eating the meal, got knocked out of ketosis.

Since then I've been back to 20-25 carbs per day.

Here's what's happening. I can TASTE the ketones, but it seems that I'm not peeing them. I've used the sticks every day since last Wednesday, and no change, and yet since last Friday, I can definately taste the ketones. Is this normal? Could I be in ketosis and not see a change in the stick?

Before getting knocked out, I used to range about half way up the colour chart on the sticks.

So, what's the deal?

Lolli

freydis
Mon, Feb-10-03, 14:36
Yes, you can be in ketosis at a low enough level that the sticks do not register the difference. And, since ANY ketosis will cause weight loss, you needn't worry. Because I can always tell by feel and odor when I'm in ketosis, I have completely stopped using the sticks.