PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Baltimore

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

baltoboy
Sun, Feb-09-03, 15:34
Hi, I'm from Baltimore and have been low carbing, off and on, since 1999. I have visited site many times for recipes. I decided to join so I could post recipes. I've cooked for my family for the past 30 some years, my wife does not cook.
My daughter, with a 4 month old, is also on l/c diet, and I cook for her family also, a couple times a week.
I've modified lots of recipes with tips I found here, and plan to start posting this week if I have time.
I especially like concocting recipes using cabbage and mushrooms.
I like reading labels to find ingredients such as xanthan gum and guar gum, which I use as thickeners and in souffles, quiches, and gravies.

Iowagirl
Mon, Feb-10-03, 10:43
Welcome!
I like cooking, too - sometimes a challenge to make a good dish into something lc and edible! (still haven't got the hang of those pork rind french toast/waffle recipes!) I have come up with my own BBQ sauce and love making potato salad with cauliflower instead of potatoes. (what is summer without 'potato' salad?)
Have you tried the deep dish pizza quiche recipe?

jaymierp
Tue, Feb-11-03, 09:33
Welcome to the board baltoboy!
I am looking forward to your recipe contributions. I love to cook and create recipes myself. I cook for my family, low carb, and have been making things for a few friends as well, that are low carbing.

I can't wait to see what you've got cooking! :)

Jaymie