PDA

View Full Version : New in San Diego

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

viv
Sat, Feb-08-03, 10:48
Hi! I'm new to this forum... I've been on the induction phase for 14 days.

Before that I tried it for 9 days & gained weight! It was a frustrating experience because I thought I was doing the diet properly... but I wasn't. Here were some of my mistakes. I was only supposed to eat 3-4 oz. of cheese a day. I was eatting 9 to 11 carbs worth of cheese - opps! then I read that I coffee has carbs and I was drinking 10 carbs worth in black coffee - another opps! then I read you are only to have 6oz. of protein at a time - I was eating at least 8.

I've corrected these errors and have completed 14 days... nothing much has happened but I'm still doing it.

I'd like to hear about any hidden carbs I could be missing like the coffee ~ .8 carb per 6oz. etc. Thanks for your support!

Kristine
Sat, Feb-08-03, 12:19
Hi and welcome! :wave: The best way to get the carb counts on 'hidden' things is to use www.fitday.com or similar software, or find a carb counter like the one under 'quick links' over to the right --> .

Have you taken your measurements? Once you're within 20 or 30 pounds of your goal weight, it's really important, because muscle really starts to factor into your weight. It's common for your body to play 'catch-up' once you've given up low-fat/low-protein and you switch to an adequate-protein plan, and you'll gain muscle tone previously lost.

Good luck!