PDA

View Full Version : Did any of you guys get tested for...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

quietone
Fri, Feb-07-03, 19:42
food allergies before you went low carb?

Just curious.

I know that you, Doreen, had said you tried low fat/vegetarian.

I also tried that, but at the same time I upped my grain intake. I am fully convinced that that was what made my IBS so bad!

The last few days, I had been trying a sort of paleolithic diet. Without any grains or soy product.

Boy, talk about hunger and cravings!

jessea
Sat, Feb-08-03, 09:29
Hi! I have food allergies. I was tested by an allergist, skin tests, and am allergic to at least a dozen different things, mostly fruits and vegetables. Food allergies can cause alot of problems, it is worth looking into if you think you have them. It took me forever to be diagnosed, at least five years I suffered. When you avoid what you are allergic to, you can't believe how much better you feel. I thought I was destined for a lifetime of pain and misery, until I was tested for food allergies. If I can be of any further help, just let me know!!

-Jess