PDA

View Full Version : And Yet Another Newbie!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

wildheart
Wed, Feb-05-03, 21:40
Hello! I have been on the Atkins diet for 3 days now, still struggling with my carb addiction :daze: I unfortunately dont have a scale so I havent a clue about how much i weigh either. I am looking for mabey someone who is also looking to loose 50 lbs or so, and just started the diet. mabey we can support each other? Anyways, i am so glad to have found this forum! Nice to meet you all!! hhehe :wave:

wildheart
Thu, Feb-06-03, 01:30
Looks around..... Do I smell or something? :confused:

Karen
Thu, Feb-06-03, 01:31
Hello wildheart!

Don't worry about a scale. Get a piece of "target" clothing or several pieces in different sizes to chart your progress. Scales don't tell the whole picture and have a tendency to drive people crazy! :daze: Don't go there!

Carb addiction is a struggle, a huge struggle but I'm sure you'll come through it better than you ever were.

We have a Buddy-up! forum where people can go to find buddies or you can look through the Journals to find others with similar stats and inclinations and make friends with them.

Welcome to the low-carb journey. :D

Karen

wildheart
Thu, Feb-06-03, 01:49
Thanks soo much for responding! :D I will take your advice seriously and stay away from the scales, lol! I am determined to do this no matter how much i struggle through it.

msjames
Thu, Feb-06-03, 07:44
Hello Wildheart :wave: and welcome to the forum!

DWRolfe
Thu, Feb-06-03, 11:02
And don't forget to take some measurements! You'll be very happy you did a few months from now.

The first 2 weeks are the toughest...be strong!

Donald :wave: