PDA

View Full Version : hi- from Grande Prairie, Ab.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

janny
Wed, Feb-05-03, 10:32
Hi just wanted to say that I am sooo glad that I found this site. I have done atkins at various times in my life but I want to make this low carbing lifetime now.
If it was just me I would breeze thru the induction time. I lost 10 pounds first wk- but how do you handle stress from others...
My hubby has all the signs of altzheimers-we find out re tests on Fri.
No matter what I am making myself high priority but there are times when it seems really hard. Looking forward to connecting with others who are trying to loose. Anyone else a grandma- I have 11 grandkids.
Jan

"Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together. -- Katie Hanson "

Star85
Wed, Feb-05-03, 15:53
Hi Jan

I just wanted to say hello, and welcome to the forum. Im glad you found us! I'm sorry to hear that about your hubby, I hope that the tests come back ok. Either way, stay strong and stick with the Low Carb way of life, you can do it. Best of Luck to you!

Shannon

powderpuff
Wed, Feb-05-03, 21:46
Hi Jan,
I too am sorry to hear about your husband. It is not a pretty disease...but unfortunely it happens to the best of us. :(
I am very happy that you have found the fourm. I am new to this ...trying to find the perfect way to control my diabetes. As of right now I am doing great...I have lost 2 pounds! :) I am sure you will too. I am rooting for you. You can do it... cause if I can...You sure can! :thup:

Keep in touch.

Powderpuff :cheer: :clap:

orchidday
Wed, Feb-05-03, 21:51
:wave:

Welcome Aboard!

I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I will keep him in my prayers. I am a Grandma too! I have two daughters and three darling Grandsons.

You must be under tremendous stress right now. But you know, taking care of yourself and your own needs is going to be even more important than before. You will feel more energetic and happier with yourself with low-carbing. Welcome Aboard! We are here to offer support so don't feel shy about asking! Cindi

DWRolfe
Thu, Feb-06-03, 11:05
Welcome to the forum, Jan!

I think you’ll find this to be a wonderfully supportive community. I know it’s a lifeline for me…

Very sorry to read about your husband. I know how worried you must be.

11 grandchildren! Wow, you truly are blessed!

Have fun navigating around the site. You’ll find things well organized and links to a wealth of information.

Good luck to you!

Donald :wave: