PDA

View Full Version : Hey There I am New!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

powderpuff
Tue, Feb-04-03, 19:48
:wave:
Hi My Name is Cassi, I am 20 and I am new to this board. I just thought I would check it out and see if I can relate to any of the other posters problems!
I have a huge carbohydrate addiction. I can't stop!!!!! :(
I also have diabetes and have been told that the only way to stop the insulin resistance I am having is to go on a low carb- or no carb diet!
I suppose that I am also here to gain some support, and know that I am not alone in this fight that I am starting.

I hope that someone out there can help me :)

Talk to you soon :roll:

ShirleyAnn
Tue, Feb-04-03, 19:58
Welcome Cassi,
Anything and pretty much everything you want or need to know is here for the asking. I too am new to this, Monday was the starting of my 4th week. And I have found alot of support and help here!
:wave:
Shirley

Parisfox
Tue, Feb-04-03, 20:07
Hi, Cassi...and welcome :)

This way of eating can save your life.

Everyone who has diabetes, should read the book, "Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution: A Complete Guide to Achieving Normal Blood Sugars" by Richard K. Bernstein, MD

My daughter was diagnosed Type II (blood sugars over 600!!) and now has it totally under control (80-120) since reading this book. She eats LOW carb and adequate protein and does minimal exercise. She does not take any medications or insulin. She controls it totally by diet and minimal exercise.

Dr. Bernstein was a Type I on insulin and his is also in control. This book is definitely worth reading. If you don't want to spend the money, get it from your local library.

Good Luck!!

Paris :D

powderpuff
Tue, Feb-04-03, 23:54
Thank you for the great support I am recieving from your replies... I know this is going to be easier now that I have people who are going through the same as me :) :D