PDA

View Full Version : hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

loopygem
Sun, Feb-02-03, 19:42
hi my names gemma and i'm completely new to low carb. a bit skeptical at the mo. about it all, i can't believe that i can acually eat fat 2 get thin, but i'll give it ago. i havn't alot to lose a stone and a half, but i really want 2 get into a woe that i can stick with, having beeen both anorexic (4st 2 years back) and now struggling with bulemia. so wish me luck and i'll keep u posted. :daze:

mtipps7
Sun, Feb-02-03, 20:09
Yes LC can work and its healthy. Keep it up and remember you are always beautiful no matter what.

:wave:

loopygem
Wed, Feb-05-03, 13:08
thanks morgan

your words of support are much appreciated. Its really tough at the moment i'm craving sweet food real bad and i feel really rough. My head hurts and i feel drained. i normally do an hour in the gym but have stopped for the first few days, as i feel a bit dizzy. i hope this is worth it :roll:

gemma xxxxxxx

mtipps7
Wed, Feb-05-03, 13:26
It will be, dont worry. I am craving sweets too, but I am ignoring it for the better of myself. Dont worry,the headache will go away. I got it too. And you will get use to the lack of carbs. Keep it up. :roll:

iseeku
Wed, Feb-05-03, 13:38
If you REALLY crave the sweets, spend the dough on a Carb Solution bar or carbolite candy bar......I was a sweet freak too, and I can't EVEN eat the whole bar. Watch the label for net effective carbs tho, some bars out there that claim to be low-carb can be deceiving...... :roll:

DWRolfe
Wed, Feb-05-03, 13:40
Welcome to the forum!

I think you’ll find this to be a wonderfully supportive community. I know it’s a lifeline for me…

Have fun navigating around the site. You’ll find things well organized and links to a wealth of information.

Good luck to you!

Donald :wave:

farside
Wed, Feb-05-03, 14:23
Hi, Loopygem. I just started Atkins on Jan. 27th, and have been finding it very beneficial. I didn't experience any of the headaches, but am drinking a lot of water. I hear that is probably the most important part of coping with it.
I, also, could not believe that I could lose weight on this diet, but have been really pleased. I just hope that it continues as well as it has.
This forum is excellent for support. Also be sure to check out atkinscenter.com, atkinsfriends.com, and Fitday.com.
Best of luck!