PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

moox
Fri, Jan-31-03, 21:47
Just a note to say "Hi!".

I just started the LC way of life (on Jan. 24th, 'cause the clothes were starting to fit too snug) and am really enjoying it so far.

It seems like the LC 'diet' has helped me improve my eating habits already! I no longer miss breakfast, instead I cook up some eggs or 'french toast'.

Thanks for all of the tips I've read so far!

Have a great weekend!!!

Stardust
Sat, Feb-01-03, 08:41
Hi there!

It's great you chose to LC. You will being feeling so great and at goal in no time. This forum is great for support and information. You should also check out the recipe sections ... there are some great ones.

Best to you,
--Lisa

moox
Sun, Feb-02-03, 10:17
Thanks for the encouragement, and visit, Lisa!

Although I have only been eating LC for a short period of time I can already feel the increase in energy and my attitude towards ‘stuff’ has already improved.

You’ve already lost a bunch of pounds!!!! It is when I see statistics like yours that I am encouraged to stay on this way of eating.

I’ve been put into rather uncomfortable situations with this new ‘diet’ already…. I have been to places that I normally got to eat out at with friends that I normally eat out with and have managed to change my ordering/eating. Recently I went to Red Robins (“the best burgers in the world”) and the burger that I would normally order (a Bonsai Burger with peanut butter) was even their ‘special of the day’. I passed on it and ordered Fish and Chips. I asked to substitute the chips with a salad (only cost $1 extra) and received a great salad (with the dressing on the side). After eating the salad they brought out the fish WITH the chips (that I didn’t want). They said that the cooks messed up and so they were ‘free’… I know that they are not ‘free’ on a LC way of eating so I let my friends eat them up. I took the fish and peeled off the coating and ate just the fish. When I was done, and very full!, I looked at the plate of deep fried fish carcasses and was disgusted! I am so glad that I didn’t eat them!!!

Anyway, thanks for visiting my post!