PDA

View Full Version : Note from a 6 pack wannabe...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

KarenCoco
Fri, Jan-31-03, 13:59
Hi Everyone :wave: ,

I'm a college student in the Washington DC metro area doing Atkins and BFL. My goal is pretty ambitious, I want to look good in a bikini. To me looking good would mean having a six pack. I think I did once...of course I was 13 years old at the time.

I was just reading online that it is IMPOSSIBLE for some people to get a six pack (flat abs). I can't think of anyone in my family over the age of 16 who has a flat tummy. Is it possible? Only time will tell for certain, but I am DEFINITELY interested in your opinion, even if it is not optimistic.

Cheers,
:cheer: Karen Coconuts

Kristine
Fri, Jan-31-03, 17:27
Hi and welcome! Great photo! :thup: I love your hair!

I definitely do NOT think it's impossible for you to achieve that six pack. :thup: It just takes more work for some people than others. Genetically, if it's your tendancy to keep fat on your abs, it might be hard for you, but not impossible. :thup:

No one in my family is in good shape, but that's more because of lifestyle. When I was seriously working out, I almost had a six pack. I had... a four pack. :lol: You could see the toning in the top of my abs, but not lower in the belly button area. I'm sure if I would have worked harder, I could have done better. ;)

Keep us posted. ;)

KarenCoco
Sat, Feb-01-03, 15:48
Hi Kristine,

Thank you for your reply. It made my day. I went crazy on my first week of BFL. I was doing so many crunches it hurt to work...then someone told me I needed to reduce my body fat to get a flat stomach first :rolleyes: . Oh well :D .

I'm glad you like my pic. It was taken with my webcam in my dorm room. I cute my hair for a more mature look since it was taken.

BTW, where did you get all of those cool little steaks? I'm jealous! :)
Cheers,
Karen C.

Kristine
Sat, Feb-01-03, 18:20
Hi Karen.

>>" where did you get all of those cool little steaks? I'm jealous!"

:lol: Because I have no life. :D Click on them for a more detailed explanation. ;)

KarenCoco
Mon, Feb-03-03, 11:06
Yowsa :eek: . Don't worry I had a little computer addiction to for a while. It was a plastic surgery forum (don't ask!) :p
-Karen C.