PDA

View Full Version : Hi there- I'm a newbie :)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

TweetyB
Fri, Jan-31-03, 10:12
:wave: I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone-I hope I am in the right place to do so! This is a huge forum-will have to learn my way around! My plan is to start on Feb. 1 which is tomorrow-I am anxious and excited! I know there is alot of support and HOPE here for me. Talk to you again soon. TWEETYB :spin:

KarenCoco
Fri, Jan-31-03, 14:05
Hi TweetyB.,

I have been doing Atkins for almost a month. I am a Weight Watchers convert. I was TOTALLY against low carb diets until very recently.
The first week or two were the best for me. I had a great time pigging out eating formerly taboo foods and watching the waist line of my jeans get looser. I hope you have a great experience too. See you around.
:yay: ~Karen C.

sam59
Fri, Jan-31-03, 15:14
Welcome!

First thing you might want to do is start a journal, and read others. It's a great way to keep track of things, and lots of help is available. Visiting others will let you see what everyone else is doing, and whining about...lol.

Sam

dc11648
Fri, Jan-31-03, 20:09
I've been on my iet now for about a month. Losing very slowly but some- 8lbs. As they say every littlebit helps. Exercise is a problem because of a few pulled tendens in my foot. I feel lost.
Not to mention at times disappointed. I'm use to years ago losing weight at a faster rate. I even stopped my Prempro because of the problem it might cause with losing weight.
Also working a lot is tough, I'm a bookkeeper and right now working on closing end of year.
I've been reading a lot of people's comments - and they do give me ideas. I do miss the cereal & fruit. With being on Induction for the 4th week as we know you can't truly have any.
But I'm still hanging in