PDA

View Full Version : back on the diet

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lara_Li
Wed, Jan-29-03, 22:33
Hi all,
This is my second run on the low carb diet. I lost about 50 lbs
last time and hope to loose more this time. Its been about 1 1/2
years since I followed the diet and have been needing to get back with the program for for a long time. I have gained all my weight back except about 4 lbs.
I started back on on monday the 27th and it is so much harder this time. I had 17 carbs on monday and 20 on tuesday and I have had 12 carbs so far today.
This is the first time I have been to this site and I hope I can make some friends who are in the same boat as me. I work in a grocery store and it can just kill you watching all those goodies go buy. The worst is when the packaged noodles go through I swear I'm more addicted to them than the chocolate. :confused:
Any and all encouraging words and good info you may have that could help me stay with my new way of life would be awsome.

Wish me luck.
Lara_Li

YukonSun
Wed, Jan-29-03, 22:37
Hi Lara,
Welcome!!! :wave:
Sounds like you are ready to do it!
Most people suggest to start a journal, that way you can track your progress and post your menus so people can peek in and lend ya some support!
Good luck!!!
Tammy
:daizy:

Kristine
Thu, Jan-30-03, 08:57
Hiya! I hear you on the noodles. :( I don't know why they're so appealing.

Anyway, I second Tammy's idea on starting a journal, especially since you're doing 'your own version' of Atkins. If we can peek into your food intake, we can help you out if you run into problems. :cool:

Best of luck!!