PDA

View Full Version : Weekly support 1/28 thru 2/3/03

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tokenyanke
Wed, Jan-29-03, 06:44
Okay ya'll! It's a new week. Let's make it count! I hope everyone is doing well.

JoaniePA
Wed, Jan-29-03, 07:23
Gee, I didn't even notice that there should be a new week's thread! lol

Doing fine, interview today and it's snowy, rainy, sloshy, messy. I guess I'll have to schlep my snow clothes and boots to the interview with me!

133 this morning, but have not eaten much for two days. Still feeling under the weather. This morning I ate two bites of eggs and tossed the rest. Waiting for coffee to get done perking now.

Maybe I'll have a brunch .. interview is at 2:00. I could go over at 11:00 and get something I guess. I'm so nervous.. I've been at my current job for 23 years!

Joanie

SummerSlim
Wed, Jan-29-03, 07:58
I'm starting to go on CAD again, I was on last year, and lost about 5 lbs. and then I started a new part time job, and was so busy I easily lost another 5 lbs. but now I'm comfortable with the job, and back to old eating habits, bad ones, fast food, lots of carbs, and gained back 5 lbs.

So I am here to gain CONTROL of my eating. CAD is so much easier than other programs. This one is do-able for a lifetime.

I'm excited to start seeing results, and this board is very helpful for motivation.

Thanks!

tokenyanke
Wed, Jan-29-03, 10:18
Summerslim, This is the place to be! It's a great site! Lots of help and info.
I'm glad you're joining us.

Joanie, Best wishes on your interview today. I know it has to be super hard to even think about switching jobs when you've been at one for 23 years! I've never lived in one place long enough to stay anywhere that long! lol.... I was at one job for almost 9 years before moving. I've been where I'm at now for just over 3 years, and since I'm hoping we won't be moving anymore, maybe I can stay here for a long, long time. That's probably part of what has your stomach bothering... the old nerve thing.

JoaniePA
Wed, Jan-29-03, 20:14
Thanks Cindi, the interview went very well, an hour over schedule actually, and they basically told me they wanted to offer me the position. "You are first choice out of three, and we have to set up an interview with the department head, but we're not sure if we can just interview you or we have to also ask back another candidate." sheesh.. so now I have a huge monstrous decision to make. I hope everyone will keep me in their prayers, because this is the biggest decision I've made since deciding to get married! (bigger than that, actually, because I'm not yet in love with the job I might be living with!!!)

I did actually eat today, and my stomach feels better, so I think you're right, nerves.

Funny thing was this woman is interviewing me and we get off topic and onto kids (natch) and she's telling me how she's struggled with weight gain since her child was born, and I'm biting my tongue. Later I'll let her in on it!!

best to all,
Joan

tokenyanke
Thu, Jan-30-03, 07:05
I'm so glad things went well, Joanie. I'll keep you in my prayers as you have to make such a big decision. WOW! But, you can do it and all will work out just fine.
:cool:

rainbird
Fri, Jan-31-03, 14:21
may I post here? I just started CALP this morning...switching from Atkins. I need to eat more veggies and some fruit and I see that, if I am careful, I am allowed bread at a rewards meal....
I think this plan will fit my life very well.....
hi to all :wave:

tokenyanke
Fri, Jan-31-03, 14:41
Welcome Rainbird!

I also switched over from Atkins a couple of months ago. I love CAD/CALP. It's much easier than Atkins! I hope you enjoy it, too. Keep posting!

luv67fire
Fri, Jan-31-03, 17:09
Joan, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya!!!

Summerslim and Rainbird, WELCOME :wave: yes, this board is GREAT for support and motivation!!

As for me, I 'm doing good, and am back down to my lowest weight again. I had my treat RM last night and went overboard. Had FOUR pieces of pizza and a huge bowl of ice cream. SOO not balanced! But I lost a pound this morning, so all is well. Before that I've been having really good foods during RM and even had sushi for the first time. I really did not like it!

tokenyanke
Mon, Feb-03-03, 08:47
My computer is still down at home so I haven't been able to keep up over the weekend and today is really busy at work. My weight is staying down... not going down anymore yet, but not going up either, so that's cool.

My son(20) moved in over the weekend so now my household will be a little more chaotic, but he works 2 jobs so we probably won't see much of him and when he's there, he can work on my computer! lol...