PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

DBarker
Mon, Jan-27-03, 21:05
Hi everyone!
I am new to the low carb diet Just started Atkins 2 wks ago and so far have only lost 5 lbs. Would appreciate any tips and help any one out there ca give me. My husband has also started on the diet and is already getting burned out with it. :wave:

LittleAnne
Tue, Jan-28-03, 09:51
Hi D Barker and welcome to this forum.

Congratulations on those 5 pounds that you lost during induction. You might have been wanting more, but that is a good start. We all loose weight at different rates and the Atkins book tends to emphasise those who loose more easily. If you look around this site you will find many that have lost even less on induction. Keep the faith and continue to low carb.

Do you feel better for eating this way? I know I did. I needed less sleep, I was more alert and generally it helped my emotional state improve.

I suggest that you start a journal on this forum. See the sticky at the top of the page. I find mine a great motivator and it is great that when I am feeling low other members are quick to cheer me.

Sorry your husband has given up already. I love this way of life and have been low carbing for 18 months now.

Every success.

macc
Tue, Jan-28-03, 23:15
:thup: Way to go D Barker!! I'm so proud of you! Please tell your husband to hang in there! And help him develop variety--that's one key to success I've found, but hard to do!

macc