PDA

View Full Version : out of induction, alternative to eggs

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dnsab1
Mon, Jan-27-03, 16:56
Hi, my name is Donna. My husband and I started the Atkin's diet together. My main goal is to get better cholestorol and triglycerite readings on my tests and lose a few pounds to get back to a healthier weight.
My husband actually has good tests at the doctor but his weight has gone up a bit and he wants to get to a healthier weight.
We are both out of the induction phase,and I am eating different foods for breakfast.
I am concerned that my husband is eating eggs every day and want to find some alternatives that I can offer him. He doesn't want to eat meat and cheese in the morning.
I did but some Atkin's muffin mix and some pancake mix and syrup. The pancakes seems to have a quite a bit of cholesterol also.
I need some help here, any suggestions?
Donna

tofi
Mon, Jan-27-03, 20:09
Are you concerned because eggs are supposed to have cholesterol in them? Actually, people don't get high cholesterol from eating cholesterol. Our liver manufactures it from the food we eat.

An egg yolk has a beautifully balanced composition. There is also enough lecithin in a yolk to balance the cholesterol IF no additional fat is added. But if we eliminate carbs, the cholesterol in the yolks is not a problem. If you ate toast with them, it would be problem.

There is cholesterol in almost all animal meats but without carbs, the body handles that just fine. After 2-3 months, the cholesterol level in the blood will probably be lower and certainly in a better ration. And triglycerides PLUNGE downward in a person on LC. (Dr. Atkins said that again last week on NBC's Today Show.)

So don't worry. maybe he'll get bored soon and join you in eating other things. I LOVE leftover dinner for breakfast the next day. Check out our recipe section for yummy breakfast ideas

Here's an article from the "Hot Links" in the Newbies Questions forum about How my cholesterol came down from eating MORE fat. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36555)

All the best and welcome to the board. :wave: