PDA

View Full Version : Hello All!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Wrecky
Sun, Jan-26-03, 17:29
Hi everyone! I just wanted to check in and introduce myself! I am starting Atkins Monday morning. I've been pretty much doing it during the week for the last 2 weeks to see how I could handle it. Its been pretty good, although I have not excercised and I ate carbs like mad on the weekends. Now I mean business, I think this can work. I have a long journey ahead of me ( I have 83 pounds to lose) BUT I found this forum excellent to get some ideas and some support. This is the one for me, I want it so bad I can taste it! So here we go!

C

tofi
Sun, Jan-26-03, 17:49
Hi wrecky and welcome.

I am glad that you are going to start 'for real' on Monday. This way of eating causes chemical changes in your body which use up stored fat, instead of storing more. So carby weekends just change you back to storing fat. then it will take about 2.5 days to get the changeover done again. So you lose 2.5 days there plus the 2 weekend days and have only 2.5 days of actual losing: a recipe for failure, frustration and discouragement.

Do read the book carefully and follow the plan fully. Then you will succeed. If you want encouragement, visit the Triple Digits Club here to see people who have far more to lose than you. And the Success Stories to meet people who have done it.

All the best. :wave:

ltlbirdie
Sun, Jan-26-03, 22:50
Hey Wrecky! I'm starting tomorrow too. I haven't tried LCing at all yet, my strategy was to eat every carb in sight for the past week so I'd be sick of them. I think it may have worked! I've got a long way to go too--100 lbs. (probably about 5 more after the way I've eaten this week).

Good luck LCing!

ladybugvv
Mon, Jan-27-03, 00:07
Hello and Welcome aboard! This is a great site with lots of positive info. Wishin' you luck!