PDA

View Full Version : what are the differences between PP and Schwarzbein

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

gingertea
Sun, Jan-26-03, 16:51
They seem pretty similar to me from reading posts and discussions. How do they differ? :q:

Kristine
Sun, Jan-26-03, 19:04
I haven't read Schwarzbein, but from what I've heard, it's higher in carbs and emphasizes overall health first, weight loss secondary. It allows for more carbs but eliminates caffeine, artificial sweeteners, and other no-no's that Protein Power is a little more lenient with.

...at least that's what I've read here at the forum. :cool: If anyone can correct me, please do. :)

Karen
Mon, Jan-27-03, 00:36
As Kristine noted, SP deals with hormonal balance and once your hormones are balanced, everything - including fat loss - will fall in to place. Ketosis is not part of the SP plan. With PP it's not discussed but it definitely happens. PP is a ketogenic diet.

15 grams of carbs per meal are allowed on Schwarzbein. PP starts at 30 grams a day and you figure out what your adequate protein intake is for a day.

The link to a synopsis of the plans is here. (http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-and-low-carb-plans/index.html) They also have websites with more info.

Karen

gingertea
Mon, Jan-27-03, 15:12
:)